Sharing my motivation

Options
Well its a long boring story how I got to be 12 and a half stone overweight and I know many will be dismayed that I ever did. Probably rightly so. I have for the last 35 weeks been doing all in my power to correct it. I joined slimming world on May 31st 2013 weighing in at 23st7lb (150kg). I took up swimming as my form of exercise because I am suffering from congenital heart failure. I have worked up from swimming 50 lengths of my gym's pool in 2 and a half hours (including lots of breaks and a few trips into the sauna) and now can easily do 80-85 lengths in an hour. My diet has gone from living in takeaways to eating mainly vegetables, fruit, lean meat and fish. I don't drink or smoke which I gave up a year previous.

Attending my slimming world group and staying for the whole meeting was a bit daunting at first being 1 of only 2 men in a room with 40 women. I was though soon made to feel like one of the family and now they are a big source of my inspiration. I have become the group biggest ever loser and my success has become a motivation to many of the members so we all spread the motivation to each other. I also admin a couple of Facebook slimming world group with around 3500 members in total, again another great source of inspiration and great healthy eating recipes.

Last night I went for my weekly weigh in at my local slimming world meeting and earned my 8 and a half stone (54kg) loss certificate. The picture of it is now my profile photo. I haven't finished my weigh loss program as I still want to get another 4 stone off as technically I am still classed as obese but by May 2014, 12 months after this all started I hope to be close to my goal of 11 stone (70kg).

Replies

• GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    wow, congratulations. some pics would be nice :)

just found a pic on your profile, looking good!
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hiya Mochashocker there are 4 photos on my profile. Not sure if there is a way to make them any larger though. I hope that you can see them, let me know if not and someone may have to tell me which settings go look at :-)
  • zezelryck
    Options
    Thank you :-)
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations amazing :)
  • olmstea
    Options
    Wow - I don't usually post (more of a lurker), but your pics are amazing! Thank you for sharing - I needed some motivation today and you provided it! Congratulations on not only your weight loss, but your bravery. You're my new inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce! Keep up the great work.
  • zezelryck
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words :-)
  • davelibertyjones
    Options
    Slimming World, eh? 20 females to every guy? I like those odds!

Seriously, great work. I never thought I would ever be able to get in the shape I am, I thought those days were well past me. Thanks for the motivation!
  • zezelryck
    Options
    I like your optimism Dave, I think 39 of them are married lol ;-)