Thinning out big thighs

Options
2»

Replies

• Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Proud owner of Thunder Thighs, Big Hips, and a Big A** here!

Testify!
    I think we have the basis for a new posse here. I propose the name "Fat Bottomed Girls"!:laugh:
    queen.jpg
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    It's time for school. Take a seat. :smokin:

All of this works exactly the same for men as for women. There is no such thing as a man workout or a woman workout, that's bull**** marketing.

Diet = Lose/Maintain/Gain Weight (be it Fat or Muscle)
    Cardio = Most time efficient way to burn calories, Great for cardiovascular health and conditiong, Not *required* to burn fat
    Heavy Lifting = Burns lots of calories, Builds strength, Builds or Maintains Muscle

Recipe for Toned Look = Lower Bodyfat %, Increase Muscle Mass, Mix to taste

Recipe for Ripped Look = Even Lower Bodyfat %, Increase Muscle Mass, Mix to taste

You can't spot reduce fat with exercise or diet, so where/when/how the fat comes off depends on your genetics. Usually first on means last off... is what it is. Keep lowering BF% until you're happy. You do this by eating a deficit of calories. If you screw up a day or a week or whatever, don't worry, just get back on it. No shame. You'll start looking better and getting compliments well short of reaching your actual goals anyway. Big plus. How noticable it is though depends on how much you have to loose.

Your body's natural shape is also determined by genetics, and unless it's fat that's giving you size, you're going to have trouble getting rid of it. Also, you cannot influence the shape of muscle, only size.

You have to eat a surplus of calories to put on any appreciable muscle, and some of the weight gain will be fat as well. And the whole process is slow.

So... don't worry about getting bulky, whether you're a man or a woman. Getting bulky is slow for men and even more difficult for women, so you'll know well in advance when you're approaching whatever aesthetic goal you're aiming for.

My book recommendation, and *I swear on my life* it will help you and is worth your time to read, is "New Rules of Lifting" (they have one geared a bit more towards women as well, although there's 0% difference in the way this works for either sex). The program at the very end of the book is kinda "fluffy" lol, but it's perfectly fine to use if you like it. If not...

An excellent starting program is Stronglifts 5x5, doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman. Uses the five main, fundamental compound movements to build strength, and it's a simple workout that hits nearly every muscle in your body. Do that for a while to start, and then use "ICF 5x5" to up the volume a bit and keep the "5x5" compound lifts for strength (just review the programs and you'll see what I mean).

Comprehensively captured.

Adding on to the above ... I did not start heavy weights until 3 weeks ago. Up to that point, I had lost 35 lbs via calorie deficit and lots and lots of cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bootcamp classes, etc. The boocamp classes incorporated a lot of squats and lower body strengthening, plyometrics, etc.. Elliptical was usually completed in a HITT format with high resistance. Most of my inches were lost in my hips, butt, thighs (dropping 3 pant sizes) which I attribute to the level at which I incorporated lower body exertion. So something to consider as you continue forward. My goal is to lose at least 25 more, but I have added a 5 day split (5 days of weight lifting to cover all major muscle groups) into my week.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Testify!
    I think we have the basis for a new posse here. I propose the name "Fat Bottomed Girls"!:laugh:
    queen.jpg

Oh. That's me, too. :tongue:
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Amen!

The trick is doing cardio/leg weightlifting to keep these beautiful curves from getting sloppy. lol