15 days on MFP and wanted to introduce myself

Options
Hi, everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Nova, I'm 39 years old. I've been overweight my whole life. A little chubby as a kid/teen, and gained about 60 lbs. during my senior year in high school simply because I was a food addict working at McDonald's. I worked there for 5 years and continued to gain weight over the years. My highest weight was probably somewhere around 317 lbs...at some point I stopped weighing myself. I started on MFP a little over 2 weeks ago at 298, and have lost 6.4 lbs so far. I have some "real life" friends on here and my new MFP "virtual" friends are awesome, too. I know that this is a fabulous tool, and it has been helping me so much just to get present to what I am actually putting into my body and holding me accountable (not good or bad, just accountable) for my food and exercise. Thanks to everyone for their inspiring stories and for sharing the rough times, too. Glad to know that I am not in this alone. My goal is to get down to 140-145 lbs and to run the 5K in the Great Race in Pittsburgh in 2011 which just happens to be on my 40th birthday, September 25.

Replies

• nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome! and good luck!

Kat
    >^..^<
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love that you have a running goal.

I swear I am a runner stuck in a fat girls body. I am so excited to get out there and do charity runs and just get to the point that I can run farther than just to the mailbox.

You are making great progress. Keep it up.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Eva
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You'll find all the inspiration, encouragement and motivation you need here. You'll be running that marathon in September. You can do it! :happy:
  • reginabroyles
    Options
    Welcome!!! Its great here!
  • mitts1970
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! this is a great tool and the support from others doing exactly what you are doing is wonderful :) You've done the most important thing by just starting though - good for you and you're doing an amazing job! I struggle with my weight, have no motivation or will power, don't like working out and enjoy eating all the wrong things - no wonder I struggle! (btw - I just turned 40 on Sept 18, it's not so bad!!!) Even though I've only lost 4 lbs, MFP has helped me tremendously! With the tools here, your desire/goals and your virtual and real life friends - I have no doubt you'll be a success. Friend me if you'd like - we all need all the support we can get. Good luck to you!
  • suchaprettiface
    suchaprettiface Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and for the friend adds! Looking forward to sharing our struggles and successes together!