Options
    38-not telling-36....lmao :bigsmile:

RiGHT ON!! Me too!!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    38-not telling-36....lmao :bigsmile:

RiGHT ON!! Me too!!

Let's just say my profile pic is accurate. ;)
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    So now there are MEASUREMENTS to be considered SHAPELY? What is it about numbers that everyone is obsessed about? If you are happy and SEE yourself as shapely, then you are! As long as you are happy with yourself! :) Looking at your profile pic, I would say you have a very nice shape!

You made my day with this, seriously. :-) Just wanted to say.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm 38.5 (34DD/E)-28.5-38.5 exactly. Happy enough with that except the my waist has only dropped three inches and I've dropped six off the others. Just waiting for my waist to catch up!

We're close, except I have more belly.. 38.5 (34DD)-30.5-39 - I think I'm an apple.
  • fishrockstar
    fishrockstar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    35-26-35. I'm looking to decrease my hip size a bit and my waist is still decreasing, but I'm naturally an hourglass and love it. Even if I was skin and bones, i have "child-rearing hips". Don't mind that I'll probably never fit in a size 2 or 0 or something, but just wish the extra fat was gone so they can be one of my favorite features rather than one of my least favorite :P
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what my measurements are, i just know that i am DEF an hour glass.....i have huge boobs, a "smaller" waist and a huge booty.....if you look at my waist it looks like there is a triangle coming in right where my hips and wasit meet. I need to scale down my measurem,ents drastically, but i think the top measurements will hve to go down with surgery
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    *in christina aguilera voice* "you are beautifullll, no matter what they sayyyy, words can't bring me downnnnn..."
  • mizmaxwil
    mizmaxwil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    41-31-39
  • mizmaxwil
    mizmaxwil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    So now there are MEASUREMENTS to be considered SHAPELY? What is it about numbers that everyone is obsessed about? If you are happy and SEE yourself as shapely, then you are! As long as you are happy with yourself! :) Looking at your profile pic, I would say you have a very nice shape!

To try to give an answer to this... after I lost about 30lbs I was really happy with myself. I thought I looked great, and was really confident. I then got a load of fat comments from various different people and now don't trust myself about whether or not I look good. I keep changing my mind about what I think when I look in the mirror. But numbers? You can't argue with cold, hard numbers. If I have a definitively small waist, then I know I can't be too big. And if I can convince myself of that, then I can start convincing myself I look alright when I look in the mirror.

And to answer OP's question: I'd consider myself an hourglass with 34-25-25.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So I was just playing around with some numbers, and according to this site, there must be a 12inch min difference for hourglass, not 9 or 10 as has been mentioned (I always thought it was 8 or 9). I even entered 40-30-40 and it said it didn't recognize that shape- ha! but 38-26-38 is hourglass.

Enter your measurements here: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

According to your measurements you're a straight body type, which over half of the female population actually is.

If you were to subcategorize yoruself, you'd probably be a slender hourglass, because it is obvious there is some definition.

To be an hourglass shape however, I think your waist needs to be 9 inches smaller than your bust, or something crazy like that.
  • bergsangel
    Options
    I thought I was hourglass, but apparently, I'm not anything (like the above poster mentioned) ha! 36-28-37...not a shape they recognize :ohwell:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    MMM MMMM , I am a pear LOLOLOL
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    47 32 47
    I gain weight all over and I also lose all over
  • jackiejuniker
    Options
    I thought I was hourglass, but apparently, I'm not anything (like the above poster mentioned) ha! 36-28-37...not a shape they recognize :ohwell:
    Same here! 34 25 35....not a shape they recognize. hmmmm not sure about that website
  • kathrinnbauer
    kathrinnbauer Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Enter your measurements here: http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

According to your measurements you're a straight body type, which over half of the female population actually is.

If you were to subcategorize yoruself, you'd probably be a slender hourglass, because it is obvious there is some definition.

To be an hourglass shape however, I think your waist needs to be 9 inches smaller than your bust, or something crazy like that.

Hahaha this is my test result: Sorry your body is not in the 4 shapes we calculate

Muy bust is 41.5, waist 30.5 and hips 40.
  • angelahu09
    angelahu09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note, there have been a lot of studies on body geometry, symmetry and how people perceive beauty. Generally anytime a women's waist is .7 of her hips or greater it would be considered an hourglass figure.

@Juliebelanger22 by the formula above you would be a perfect hourglass for your size.

This .7 ratio also has been found to be what men are attracted to world wide, across all ages (studies included ages from 10-90).

I looked this up earlier this week and found the 25% rule below, which is pretty close to the 70% (inverse 30%) rule quoted. Different sites use shoulder vs. bust measurements; for me, the result is the exact same thing, but it might create a different result for someone else!

Also, "waist" in the section below is defined as tailor's waist or natural waist, generally far above "belly button waist".

"Rectangle/Banana/Ruler/Boyish/etc. - You shoulder and hip measurement are within 5% of each other and you waist is less than 25% less than the larger of the other two
    Inverted Triangle - Your shoulders are more than 5% larger than your hips
    Triangle/Pear - You hips are more than 5% larger than your shoulders
    Hourglass - You shoulder and hip measurement are within 5% of each other and your waist is at least 25% less than the larger of the other two"
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    33-22-34. Love it now, but I used to haaate having wide hips. Funny how things change:)
  • jasmineeatsfood
    jasmineeatsfood Posts: 18 Member
    Options

It's okay. They didn't recognize my shape either lol. O.o