Whats your fav low calorie dip for veggies?

Options
2»

Replies

• StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use Litehouse Light Dilly Dip. 20 cals per tablespoon and SO SO good! They make some other dips, but they are a little higher in calories, and I am having a tough time finding them (in light).
  • SusuAtta
    SusuAtta Posts: 56
    Options
    Sometimes I use Newman's Own tomato basil marinara sauce for dipping. 70 calories for half a cup, and yummy!!
  • rainbowbykristen
    Options
    I'm pretty simple, as a single mom on a budget I get Marzetti Light Ranch Veggie-Dip. It has 60 calories per 2 tablespoons.
  • lmm06021974
    Options
    hummus,you can use anything of course low cal.I suggest not using garlic though as much as I love it my other half won't come near me lol.Anyway try making it with sun dried tomatoes olives and garbanzo beans also for a kick add cayenne pepper and jalapenos.Mix in your food processor with 1 tbs olive oil and a little water for a good thick smooth consistency.Oh I forgot lemon juice
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    i like Wholly Guacamole snack pack. Spicy Guacamole - 1 calories. I dip veggies and it is a great satisfying snack. Be sure to get the snack pack or you may eat too much guacamole.
  • Faemusic
    Options
    Recently discovered Bolthouse Farms Salsa Ranch Yogurt dressing (in the refrigerated section). Only 45 calories in a 2 Tbsp serving! And I think it's super tasty (not spicy, as the name implies). Love it with carrots as a dip or on top of cooked broccoli. They have a few other flavors, too (and even my boyfriend who hates "yogurt" taste loves it!).
  • MrMaxOut
    MrMaxOut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Lite dressings taste full flavored and most have no corn syrup taste great
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Simple... 0% plain greek yogurt with frank's red hot, any flavour...delish!
  • MaritzK
    MaritzK Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My homemade guacamole :)
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Green goddess dip is simple and delicious and guilt-free

There's no real set recipe, but any variation of this will work:

1 cup fat-free greek yogourt (other yogourt will work, but greek is thicker and higher in protein)
    1 cup mixed herbs (parsley, cilantro, dill, basil, etc.)
    1 clove garlic
    pinch salt and pepper

Combine everything in a blender and voila! It's super good for you and there's nothing artificial in it, so you can dunk to your heart's content.

A bit less good-for-you, but good tasting - equal mixture of light mayonnaise and fat-free yogourt, plus a partial packet of onion soup mix. It's yummy, but of course full of sodium and filler from the onion soup mix.

^^. This.

Greek yogurt and herbs are a good, creamy way to get some tang in your dips!
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Homemade with Greek yogurt and herbs! Delicious!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Hummus or tzatziki, but I do love guacamole too.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Hummus and guacamole are my "go-to" dips :) there are high-calorie and low-calorie versions... I obviously do the the low cal versions :P :)
  • MsWendyjc
    MsWendyjc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yum.
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a few: to dip bell peppers and cucumbers in I like plain fat free yogurt with minced kalamata olives and greek seasoning. To dip celery sticks in I like to mix ff ranch and ff wing sauce (Cookie's Brand rocks it), and for baked chips I like plain ff yogurt with dried minced onions, parsley and a beef boullion cube, basically a homemade french onion dip)
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wholly Guacamole is a wonderful thing to dip veges in. :)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This one is really good with veggies:

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

4 oz lowfat cream cheese
    8 oz fat free sour cream
    1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, chopped (about 1 cup)

Place cheese, sour cream, and peppers in bowl. Mix well. Cover.

REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours.

SPOON into serving bowl.

Serve with crackers or cut up vegetables or spread on toast.