5:2 - The fast diet

Options
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any great recipes under 300 cals.

And is anyone else doing the 5:2 diet!? I'm loving it so far!

Replies

• peachespowis
    peachespowis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm just starting--week 2. its my fast day today and i'm having veg chickpea curry for my main meal tonight. basically i use a bit of patak's paste and throw loads of veg, and a can of chick peas, tinned tomatos into a big pot. add a bit of water and cook!

i worked out using my recipe calculator that is 151Kcal per serving.

normally boiled or a poached egg for breakfast

i usually have a piece of fresh fish and stir fry veg for dinner. that works out about 300Kcals. supermarket fish counters will add spices and put it in a bake in the oven bag. i had salmon marinated with coriander and lime last week-it was stunning!!

i need to do something simple or i wouldn't stick with it.
  • I'm on my second week and have GAINED 5lbs :(

All my friends who started it the same time as me have lost 5lbs+ each so can't understand it.

I've been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories on non-fast days and walking to work - 45 mins each way.

Anyway… Down to recipes…

Have you tried the slim pasta and zero noodles from Holland and Barret? They're only 8-20 calories a pack and taste the same as normal pasta. You could stir fry them with beaten egg and veg, or make egg drop soup: whisk an egg and slowly pour the goo into a pan of boiling water to make boiled egg string, add a knorr chicken melting moments stock cup, then add some chopped spring onions and your noodles. Both of these are around 150 calories.

Asparagus and boiled eggs are around the same - depending how many eggs you have.

Miso soup is 20 calories a bowl so I have one of these before my main meal each time to fill me up before eating.
    If you chop up a banana and freeze it it'll taste of white chocolate. Good if you have a sweet tooth!

Sugar-free jelly with mandarin pieces set in it is a God-send :D
  • Also… Courgette pasta.

Use a veg peeler to make courgette 'ribbons'. Microwave, boil or stir fry and use like normal pasta.
  • Storkus
    Storkus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm not exactly on the 5:2 diet but I am trying to lose weight at the same time as training for a 1000 mile bike ride. So far I've managed to lose 11 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I'm eating large meals with a low calorie count.

For instance

Steamed potatoes 100gms
    Steamed carrots 100gms
    Steamed leeks 100gms
    Steamed parsnips 100gms
    Steamed sprouts 100gms
    1 slice of Morrisons silverside beef
    All covered in gravy made from water, 1 Oxo cube thickened with cornflour

Approx 320 calories.

That meal weighs half a kilo which is more than enough for most people. If you can't eat half a kilo then you are looking at less than 300 calories.

So on your 2 fasting days per week you can eat a full kilo of food per day.

The secret is to eat natural foods and don't eat anything that a food manufacturer has prepared for you such as bread, soup, biscuits, etc as they are pumped full of calories.

Good luck

Colin
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Its no diet :)
  • weezieleopard
    Options
    Yum sounds good!! I found an awesome website before! http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/category/posts/general/5-2-diet
  • weezieleopard
    Options
    Oh now!! I'm sure the weight will start falling off soon!

I love those slim noodles! They're so fantastic!

Frozen banana sounds like a great idea, and so does the jelly! Yum! Thanks xx
  • weezieleopard
    Options
    Yummm. Thanks for the tip! I don't think I could eat that much on a fast day! I eat breakfast (usually chobani and oats) then by the time it's dinner time my hunger has passed and it takes me about 40 minutes to finish my meal haha! Veggies and gravy sounds so good though!
  • weezieleopard
    Options
    Well true, but the book is called "The fast diet" that's why it's my heading ;)