Losing body fat useful information

Options
While many people are aware of the effects high levels of glucose have on the body and how it affects body fat, it seems a vast majority of people are unaware of this and are still focused on "fat free/reduced fat" products with the idea of losing weight, or body fat in most cases.

So, I've been reading this book The Glycemic-Load Diet which so far I think it explains how the body reacts to certain foods, contributing to obesity, thanks to insulin.

In any case, I wanted to share this section of the book for anyone who might be interested in this topic and might get some useful information that could potentially help with weight loss, being hungry all the time, etc.

**The insensitivity of your muscles to insulin makes you vulnerable to the harmful effects of dietary starch, the main ingredient of "white" carbohydrates like bread, potatoes, and rice. Starch releases more glucose into your blood stream and does it faster than any other kind of good.

If your muscles are resistant to insulin and you consume quantities of starch typical of out modern diet, your pancreas gland has to make five or six times the normal amount of insulin to handle the glucose in your blood. And that's the problem. Insulin is a powerful obesity-promoting hormone - scientists call it the "feasting hormone". It triggers overeating and encourages your body to store calories as fat. Try as you will, you can't keep the pounds off.

There's another problem with starch: instead of traversing the full 22 feet of your digestive track as other food do, it short-circuit into your bloodstream in the first foot or two. It never reaches the last part of your intestine, where certain appetite-suppressing hormones come from. Even though starch is chock-full of calories, a few hours after eating it, you're still hungry again.**

Replies

• 2knowmeis2luvme
    Options
    Thank you for this. Very informative!
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. From all the articles and books I've read in he past, I gotta say I'm very pleased with this one. Easy to understand and it focuses in starch.