No one is noticing not even me

Options
2»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Might depend on how tall you are.. I have friends that lose 20lbs and I can see it because they're 5"2'... I'm 5"10', so I lose 20lbs and it may as well be day to day weight fluctuation... lol. I think I'd have to lose 50lbs before anyone but myself noticed.

This. I am 5'7", so 10 pounds isn't really noticeable to anyone but me if I am losing purely from a deficit. If I am lifting, however, it is much more noticeable.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    few suggestions:

1 stop caring about other people, you aren't (hopefully) doing this for other people!
    2. your body is probably detoxing and having to deal with healing itself before you're going to lose more weight. Give it time and try not to stress because stress hormones hold onto weight
    3. start measuring yourself because the inches/centimeter don't lie my friend. I got all depressed once that I "didn't lose weight" but my pants were falling off, why? because I lost 3.5 inches on my tummy.
    4 take pictures of yourself from the front and side once a week and you'll see a difference.
    5 make sure you're drinking enough water. I drink about 6 liters a day (I'm 5'7 and 240lbs female 26 yr old). I personally believe if you stick to the 64 ounce suggestion you're HIGHLY dehydrated! Try to double it.
  • skilgore2012
    skilgore2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking progress pictures . If you still are not losing weight switch up your exercises...don't do the same thing.
    You are doing this for you! Don't worry and don't give up.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I found that people didn't really notice until I started to act like a smaller person. I used to hide myself, wear baggy clothes, stand in the back, sit with a pillow on my lap, carry myself slumped over, etc. I continued to do that for a while after I was losing. Eventually I started carrying myself differently, dressing differently, putting myself out there. And that's when people really noticed.

It wasn't that I lost X amount of pounds. It was that my attitude and confidence changed. And then people realized I'd lost a significant amount of weight.

Great words of truth. Also if you haven't already, take pictures of yourself stripped down to near nothing. When you see the pictures you will definitely see progress as you drop along. Don't forget, this is should be about you and not what others think of you. When you truly feel right about the direction you will amaze yourself. Keep up the great work!!!
  • mamasjourneytofit
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!

ittakes_zpsb8c22934.jpg
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I've been on here almost a month and I've lost 8.6 lbs... you've lost over 11 in the same time frame?! WAY TO GO!!

I'm impatient too! I wish I could lose 20-25 pounds in a month and be on maintenance before summer. My husband and my daughter both have noticed but that's bc they see me in my work out clothes, things I wouldn't wear to work or even to the store right now! Nobody else has noticed.

What I notice is that I FEEL so much better. I've lost 3 inches in my stomach and I FEEL it, my jeans fit comfortably now and I'm not uncomfortable bending over to tie my shoes anymore. I can easily do 2 miles on the treadmill now, when I first started it was all I could do to hit a half mile. I can walk up the stairs and not grab the handrail or get winded.

We didn't get where we are overnight and we won't get where we want to be overnight. It's baby steps, sometimes it's just a day at a time. I set myself a short term goal to lose 20 lbs bc that sounded and felt more do-able and not so overwhelming. When I get there, I'll set a new goal. Try not to look at the BIG picture so much and concentrate on shorter term goals if that will help you not to feel so overwhelmed and discouraged.

Good luck!! And congrats on the 11+ lb loss! That's huge in a month!! :flowerforyou:

ETA: Take measurements! I've lost 12.75 inches this month!!