Goal: Lose 35lbs, less fatigue, more comfortable

Options
Why using MyFitnessPal: I'm not getting any younger (early 50's) and I want to be on the move more and have more stamina. I'd like be feel more comfortable in my clothes, too. I'd like to feel like I could take a hike and get able to do whatever I felt like doing without getting fatigued so quickly. I've put on about 35 pounds over the past 7 years while working in jobs that were mostly sitting at a desk all day. My goal is to lose 1 pound a week..sustained. A friend at work lost lots of weight with this program and inspired me. (Thanks Craig!)

Exercise plan: I still sit way too much because I'm a full time student and tied to my computer but I did fix up a setup so that my treadmill is a walking treadmill. But, it doesn't do much good if I don't use it! LOL. I'm trying to walk on the treadmill during my reading time at least 4 days a week and taking Tai Chi once a week.

Eating plan: I'm trying to keep an eye on what my eating and eat more frequently. I have a bad habit of having nothing but coffee until dinnertime, so I'm trying to spread my eating over the whole day. I am a night owl and usually sleep 3am-10am, so everything is clocked back later than most people but I'm most productive on school work at night.

CB

Replies

• JeniFairchild
    JeniFairchild Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in the same type of situation as you. I'm in my 40s and want the same things you do with my goals. I am tired of be tired all the time and feeling uncomfortable with and about myself. I am trying to eat better and get more active. My exercise bike has been idle too long! So here I go! I am always looking for moral support! Good Luck! Feel free to friend m if you would like! :happy:
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This post could have been written by me! Sending a friend request maybe we can motivate each other. I am 57 and the weight has slowly crept up - ugh.......now I need to lose 35 pounds!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I want in on this :) I have about 30 lbs to lose. I will be 38 this year and want to be happy and stable in my weight by 40. I am a habitual yo yo weight loser. Up/Down/Up/Down. I have 100 excuses I can use... but... the reality is they don't make anything better :(
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hope you enjoy this journey and discover your new self. 1 day at a time, 1 step at a time. Make small changes requently, that way it'll be easier on you and you will stick with it. Always remember....every tomorrow is a new day. You can do this. Some days will be better than others. don't be hard on yourself when u have a bad day. It happens. Sounds like you have a plan..so follow it and see how it works. Good thing is...you can always adjust it. I'm from ohio as well. Just south of Columbus. Have a great day and make this the best journey possible.