APPLE CIDER VINIGAR?

Options
13»

Replies

• BluesGuitar
    Options
    I use it not so much for any supposed weight loss benefits, but because I feel it is a great benefit for the cleansing of the digestive and intestinal tract. When I first used it I combined it with a bit of maple syrup or honey just to help with the taste, but after a while you become accustomed to it. It's not a pleasant taste, but I don't think it's as bad as some make it out to be. I've recommended it to family and friends for its general cleansing properties.

What is 'cleansing' in this context? What properties does the vinegar have that makes it a 'cleanser'?

In the context that it appears to help me clear out waste and toxins from my intestinal tract.... stay more than "regular" if you will.... what property allows for this effect on myself, I don't know, but it facilitates it, so I use it two or three times a week. I wasn't trying to imply any sort of extraordinary effect - some folks get a similar effect from lemon water, for example.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So I have done some research about apple cider vinegar and how it helps with weight loss and I wanted to see if anyone has tried using it in their diet and if it has worked?

Excellent in cooking. Promise you it's not going to promote weight loss. lol.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This comment may make you want to not cook with it, but if you have any unsightly skin tags the apple cider vinegar will take them off in a day or two. Just a little dab a day and *poof*.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I've never used it for weight loss before, I don't generally buy into those "miracle pill" ideas. However, I will occasionally drink some in the evenings but only because I suffer from horrible Charley horses in my sleep, for whatever reason the vinegar stops me from waking up screaming in the middle of the night.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    It tenderized my venison tonight when I used it as part of a marinade but drinking it is nasty and won't magically make you lose weight. Well, unless you feel sick and don't want to eat after drinking the stuff. That's possible. :)
  • botanygeek
    botanygeek Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A case study of 19? Seriously? I think coming to any conclusion is over reaching.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    My grandmother drank a table spoon of it a day. In her case it did not work as she died at 94.

Damn fat fingers
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but drinking ACV with a big glass of water after a night of drinking does wonders to prevent a hangover. I just drink it normally though because it makes my tummy warm... probably not the best for my enamel though.
  • MistyAnneK
    MistyAnneK Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yes absolutely Apple Cider Vinegar.

Take 2/3 cup of it, add 2/3 cup rice vinegar, 1/2 cup a ketchup, 3tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tsp caribbean Pick A Peppa sauce, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Combine and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.

Now you know my sauce recipe. I recommend dousing a pork shoulder in this and slow cooking for like 8 hours, drain most of the juices in-between and shred with a fork.

This is almost my BBQ sauce recipe!!