halogen ovens???

Options
Kestrelwings
Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
I saw one of these hugely reduced, and as I live alone I can't justify switching on the main oven just for me. So there it sits, all shiny on my worktop.

Now what the heck do I do with it? :ohwell:

Can anyone point me in the direction of healthy recipes for it (prefereably ones with nutrition info to log on MFP)?

At present, my cat thinks it is a goldfish bowl and is expectantly watching it ready for goldfish to appear. I think she may be waiting a long time... :laugh:

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Use it in exactly the same way as you'd use a regular oven or grill, just reduce the cooking time a little bit.
  • LaurenPell123
    LaurenPell123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the halogen you can cook pretty much everything in it :P

http://www.halogenovenrecipes.co.uk/healthy-recipes.html/

I use some of the recipes from here :) (they should appear down the side)
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I bought one a few weeks ago really cheap in Morrisons, i've used it nearly everyday :smile: it's so easy, and no waiting for the oven to heat up.

I joined this forum, not sure if it's the same as the one above, but it's really helpful.

http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think you must have seen the same one in Morrisons as me!

Those websites look great, thanks ever so much :flowerforyou:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I saw one of these hugely reduced, and as I live alone I can't justify switching on the main oven just for me. So there it sits, all shiny on my worktop.

Now what the heck do I do with it? :ohwell:

Can anyone point me in the direction of healthy recipes for it (prefereably ones with nutrition info to log on MFP)?

At present, my cat thinks it is a goldfish bowl and is expectantly watching it ready for goldfish to appear. I think she may be waiting a long time... :laugh:

Use it to cook goldfish?
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I think I must have done Angelwings :smile: the only thing I find is, it's a bit big, my kitchen is not small but it takes up so much room on the work surface lol I don't put it away because I use it everyday xx