RUNNING ANGRY!

Options
My business partner pissed me off yesterday and I ran off 800 calories. Anyone else ever do that before? lol

Replies

• CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Its one of the reasons I go out at lunchtimes, a break from the office and when people hack you off its a GREAT release. jogging for me is my me time, getting away from the world just going and listening to the tunes.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling! My HOA required everyone to get parking stickers/permits for their cars. I got mine just like I was supposed to. They placed it on my car right where it was supposed to be. Some sticker cop came through one night and put this huge orange violation sticker on my window for not having the decal! WTF??? Apparently he couldn't be bothered to actually LOOK to see that it was right where it was supposed to be? After getting out the razor blade and taking this horrible orange super sticky sticker off my car, I continued on my way to the gym. Had my best pace ever for those 11 miles on the treadmill as i spent my whole time plotting revenge on the sticker cop.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Plenty! I dunno if there's a difference in burn, but I enjoy my interval/tempo days to coincide with bad days. Yesterday I was in meeting after meeting and banged out good 8x400m intervals.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I relive arguments in my mind while I'm at the gym so I can get the steam to blow lol totally works especially when I'm reaching for motivation and Pandora isn't on its game
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    When I'm having a particularly bad day...my boyfriend will tell me to go run (he is NOT a runner) because he knows it relieves my stress and tension...it's my time to breathe deep, and refocus!!! It's the best way to run...I usually end up running longer and further...and sometimes, faster. WAY better than getting a drink instead! :wink:
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Runs often turn my bad days into something a bit better. I can use the time to think things through, or completely ignore the world. Same when I swim :).
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Have you not seen the incredible hulk?

Adrenaline + anger + roids = hulk

You just need to find roids that will make you green now my friend... and the equation is complete
  • charliemouse70
    charliemouse70 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Lol yes - had a horrific argument with Himself and ran my fastest 5k by far....then kept on running for another 10 minutes!

I miss running (had to give it up in favour of other exercises as it caused hip problems).
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I get the same with anxiety (not so fun). Usually I feel absolutely horrible (stomach cramps, panic & palpitations) before I go out to run...and as soon as I'm out there, it just melts away and I can use the adrenaline for something useful.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No. I had an affair with his wife instead....