Nearly a year and look at me now!

Options
So I started my weight loss journey in April 2011, right after my youngest daughter was born. I weighed 240, had high blood pressure and HATED my body. I had no energy and stuffed my face every time I ate. Enough was enough! I cut down my portions and started doing reeeeally low impact exercise (and breast feeding). I lost about 30 pounds then got complacent and quit. I stayed at 205-210 for almost 2 years. Then in February 2013, my husband and I went to a rock concert (Otherwise, Stone Sour and Papa Roach - awesome!!!) I wanted to wear a really cool jacket I had bought when I was 18...but alas it wouldn't fit! So I joined a community meltdown challenge, lost 12 more pounds and then found MFP!

I didn't have many friends on my old profile (forgot I had started this one waaay back) and lost 30 more pounds from February to June/July. I stayed at 168-170 for a couple months, then started again and lost a little more. With my new profile (and 50 less pounds) I added a bunch of friends, joined an 8-week challenge group and have lost another 15 pounds. I'm now 7.5 pounds from my "goal" and think I could probably stand to lose even more.

I have NO pictures from when I weighed 240 (don't want to remember anyway) so my first picture is about 200 pounds in February of last year.

SW: 240
CW: 154.6
GW: 147 (or less...?!)

Also - please forgive the images' poor quality and if they're too big...I tried to resize and they looked stupid. They did look ok on the test message I sent myself so hopefully this works.

I've started body weight exercises and a little lifting...let's see where it takes me!

image_zps0fb57b96.jpg

image_zps1110fbac.jpg

image_zpsac0a174e.jpg

Please be kind - this is scary for me, but I'm pretty proud! And forgive me if my Math's a little off...that's not my forte!

Seriously...someone help me with resizing. Ugggggh!!!

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You look so good! You should be really proud. Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • BritBrit515
    BritBrit515 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great Job! Keep up the hard work, you should be so proud of yourself!
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look great!! :smile:
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    10pygw3.jpg

345mvwo.jpg

35b5grm.jpg

Maybe that helps. Looking great!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and should be very proud!! Great work! :drinker:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You totally sound like me... I'm at about where you started. I'm hoping to post success story pics someday too. Congrats on your sucess.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Very inspiring to know this can be done!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • Enyala55
    Options
    How inspiring! I started at 206 on 1/22/14. I'm already down 5.5 lbs, but I ultimately have 60.5 lbs to go! Your pictures inspire me that I might actually look pretty darn hot before I even get to my goal weight! :) Although, I'm only 5'3"... not sure how tall you are.
  • gdurham2014
    gdurham2014 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work. Very inspiring!!!
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh! I'm 5'6.5" (that .5 is important!! :-D) and I now have a 31" waist...started at about 37" so YAY!!
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    You have done and continue to do an amazing job =) You are a rockstar!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on your success!
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great Job sticking with it!! You look great
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! I hope to share some pics when I hit my one year mark! :drinker: :happy:
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Be proud! You have achieved a great result, and have obvioulsy put in lots of hard work, congrats!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Great job.
  • Lilyin562
    Options
    Congrats! You are awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!