Share Your Funny Work Lingo

Options
SamanthaD1218
SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
My boss just reminded me to send STDs to all of our alumni, then wanted to know if I could help her navigate her new PMS.

I am clearly a four-year-old and had to giggle.

STD = save the date
PMS = project management system

Do you have any funny job jargon that would make no sense to people who don't work with you? When I was in academic publishing, my boss always referred to anal geometry. As a non-math person, it took me a while to figure out she was talking about analytic geometry.

Replies

• tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    That had me giggling. At work, we have this piece of equipment called the cooch roll and it seems like it's always messing up. I have to hide my face in meetings when the maintenance sup gets all mad and yells, "can someone please work on my cooch roll!" I might be a tad bit immature :)
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Okay if I ever had to discuss a "cooch roll" at work, I'd probably die. I'm too busy helping my boss navigate her PMS, anyway ;)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I work in sales and we are always told to "penetrate" our accounts. It makes me laugh regularly.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Okay if I ever had to discuss a "cooch roll" at work, I'd probably die. I'm too busy helping my boss navigate her PMS, anyway ;)

Right, especially when you are the only female in the room and 5 hot maintenance guys get up and say they are going to inspect the cooch!

Sounds like a dirty job...you can probably avoid the STD's if you don't penetrate the accounts, but either way, be safe....rofl...*gigglesnort*
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    In.
    This thread is too funny!
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    SOB = Shortness of Breath
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I'll have to think of this one. The only one I can think of the moment is "I'm currently working on a BIMBO" (Buy-in-management-buy-out)
  • Marionmmm1
    Options
    I work for a motor company so we are always asking customers about their load - how big is your load? gross, because it has two meanings to me.

Do you need a rear shaft? What size shaft do you need?

We sell ball-screws... One of our customers name is Ball Screw... it's like I'm 12 years old... hehehe
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    STAT
    SOB
    DNR
    SZ
    PRN

OK, these really aren't funny:frown:
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I don't have any funny ones. All we have are PDQ's which is a "Pretty Darn Quick" display. All you have to do is add the top banner and it's set up. Borrring :(
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i work at a gym and i always have my i pod with me for a stopwatch. it also has an owl cover over it...very cute... i happen to love owls. my kids bought it for me and well kids being kids ...wanted to name it for me. so now i walk around holding my Hooters. so when i leave the ipod... people in the gym say... make sure you dont forget your hooters!!!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I work for an automated lighting company (think concert lighting). One of our competitors released a light called the G-Spot last year. The jokes still haven't stopped.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    SOB - Source of Business
    PMS - Property Management System
    POS - Point of Sale (but really they can be Pieces of Sh!ts)
    STD - Short Term Disability
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    CAMELTOE: Capital, Asset quality, Management, Earnings, Liquidity, Trade, Operational and Enterprise risk
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Dylan quit touching Allie
    Brooklyn put your shirt down
    Get that out of your mouth

Oh you dirty minded people...I have a daycare! Bwahahahaha
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Dylan quit touching Allie
    Brooklyn put your shirt down
    Get that out of your mouth

Oh you dirty minded people...I have a daycare! Bwahahahaha

Had me rolling ! :laugh: :laugh:
  • jaclync324
    jaclync324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We use POS too. It's not that funny. We do have a tool and my boss regularly asks people to "play with it and try to break it."

On a side note, I am the den mother for my son's tiger den. We went to the firehouse and every time the firefighter giving the tour said hose, one mom, who is a teacher kept cracking up. I am way too mature for that but I did make a really bad joke when the Emergency Services Unit came for pack night. One of the boys asked the officer if he ever shot an animal. The officer answered, a cougar to which the boy asked, what's a cougar....I am sure you can guess what happened next. :)
  • JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    WE WILL LOOK INTO IT - Forget it! We have enough problems for now.
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    We have MUFs...minimum usage fees. Really??
  • justinproulx1
    Options
    Locum Tenens