February 2014 "No Weigh (Way) Challenge"

Options
Hiya MFPers!

This challenge is simply to get us less dependent on the scale and more dependent on how we feel when we wake up in the morning, and how our clothes fit. I am a habitual first thing in the morning scale queen. I know many of us weigh everyday, and I am trying not to obsess like I have been.

However, this challenge does allow one weigh-in checkpoint, which will be on February 14, 2014.

STARTS: February 1, 2014

Rules:
1. Weigh in first thing in the morning (after bathroom trip, before food/beverages/exercise) naked (no clothes, shoes, socks, swimsuits, etc.) Record that number on MFP. That should be the first and last time you weigh in until February 14th. Do not weigh in at all, not even a peek until FEBRUARY 14.
2. Weigh in first thing in the morning (after bathroom trip, before food/beverages/exercise) naked. Record that number on MFP. This should be the first and last time you weigh in until February 28th. Do not weigh in at all, not even a peek until FEBRUARY 28.
3. Weigh in first thing in the morning (after bathroom trip, before food/beverages/exercise) naked. Record that number on MFP.
4. Celebrate/rejoice/revisit/revamp (depending on loss/gain/maintain) because you made it through the "No Weigh" Challenge!

Benefit of Challenge:
1. Being able to report a hopefully huge loss at the end of the month versus small 1-10 lb weekly/daily losses. I get excited seeing the numbers rollllll back! I'm hoping to see double digit loss by February 28.
2. Less dependent on scale.
3. Challenges are always great.

If you would like to commit, reply with "I'm in!" and best wishes on the other side of the scale! :0)

February 14 is just another day to me and those who do not observe the holiday so comments like "I dont want to weigh in on Valentines Day" are not neccessary. Your perogative, You can simply weigh in on Feb 15 or commit to not weighing in the entire month! :0)

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm in, will you be starting a group forum?
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'll sign up for this.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Well, I was thinking of going the whole month, but this is close enough!

My purpose for this is to be more focused on the good habits than the actual weight. The scale can't throw me off if I don't look at it!

Since I was planning on going the whole month, I weighed in this morning:

SW: 221
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Im in. Makes me nervous but willing to try.
  • Giner8681
    Giner8681 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is great! I always weigh myself first thing in the morning everyday too and it would be nice to break that habit! I'm in!
  • Relle3
    Relle3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Corissia
    Corissia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    This thread is a Godsend! I am obsessed with the scale and was so down all day because I lost only 2kg all January :grumble: So YES, I am in!!!
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    this will be hard!!! but im so in
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did it in November, so I should be ok. Hopefully. GL all!
  • Kimberly_Preston
    Kimberly_Preston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely IN!! This will be a true challenge for me.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all! I was never much of a weigher, but last summer I went through a bout where I was obsessively weighing every day, several times a day.

I asked my wife to hide the scale and it worked. I haven't weighed since last August, but continue to lose. I now know where the scale is but the habit is broken.

If you've got a willing spouse, family member, roommate, whoever might be living with you, it might help you to ask them to hide the scale and only give it back to you on your prescribed weigh in day. Could be just the kick you need to break the obsessive weighing habit.
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This will be hard for me since I am obsessive with the scale, but I am going to try. I don't know if I'll be able to do it...but I WILL make a big effort!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good luck to all!
  • spogna
    spogna Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • ffehringer
    ffehringer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In!
  • charlisobel
    charlisobel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I find when I weigh in every day I become too focused or disheartened by daily fluctuations and it set me up for unrealistic expectations to always see the number decreasing. This time I have decided to only weigh in officially once a month and record my measurements at the same time. Although I did check after two weeks in my first month to check I was heading in the right direction :) good luck everyone!
  • kdmbennett
    kdmbennett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • dianneofky
    Options
    Hiya MFPers!

This challenge is simply to get us less dependent on the scale and more dependent on how we feel when we wake up in the morning, and how our clothes fit. I am a habitual first thing in the morning scale queen. I know many of us weigh everyday, and I am trying not to obsess like I have been.

However, this challenge does allow one weigh-in checkpoint, which will be on February 14, 2014.

STARTS: February 1, 2014

Rules:
    1. Weigh in first thing in the morning (after bathroom trip, before food/beverages/exercise) naked (no clothes, shoes, socks, swimsuits, etc.) Record that number on MFP. That should be the first and last time you weigh in until February 14th. Do not weigh in at all, not even a peek until FEBRUARY 14.
    2. Weigh in first thing in the morning (after bathroom trip, before food/beverages/exercise) naked. Record that number on MFP. This should be the first and last time you weigh in until February 28th. Do not weigh in at all, not even a peek until FEBRUARY 28.
    3. Weigh in first thing in the morning (after bathroom trip, before food/beverages/exercise) naked. Record that number on MFP.
    4. Celebrate/rejoice/revisit/revamp (depending on loss/gain/maintain) because you made it through the "No Weigh" Challenge!

Benefit of Challenge:
    1. Being able to report a hopefully huge loss at the end of the month versus small 1-10 lb weekly/daily losses. I get excited seeing the numbers rollllll back! I'm hoping to see double digit loss by February 28.
    2. Less dependent on scale.
    3. Challenges are always great.

If you would like to commit, reply with "I'm in!" and best wishes on the other side of the scale! :0)

February 14 is just another day to me and those who do not observe the holiday so comments like "I dont want to weigh in on Valentines Day" are not neccessary. Your perogative, You can simply weigh in on Feb 15 or commit to not weighing in the entire month! :0)

Good Luck! :flowerforyou: