Any cosplayers/costume enthusiasts on here?

Options
2»

Replies

• tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Me!! Did some Adventure Time and Gravity Falls cosplays in the past few years.. The last person I cosplayed was Mabel! Unfortunately though, no cons this year (I am more into KDramas/Asian dramas right now)! I lost the weight I needed last year during the summer (after the con unfortunately) but gained it back recently! Feel free to add me! c:
  • mandapanda1672
    mandapanda1672 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Really? :D One of my cosplays that I want to do is Lara Croft as well! I love her new rendition the most out of all of them. :3
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is my everyday outfit.
  • ErinSchramm
    Options
    I am! This will be my first outing (May 2014, Dallas Comic Con) if I can get to a suitable weight, but I've admired it for years.
  • Mickeyinfinite
    Mickeyinfinite Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am too old for doing cosplay now, but I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

If it was around when I was young I would have sooooooo dressed up. I am an excellent seamstress and I sculpt, so can you imagine how much I would have enjoyed the whole cosplay thing.

Since I'm too old for doing it myself now, I enjoy watching the cosplayers. I love going to cons for that purpose and also to meet certain Sci-Fi celebrities.

I watch any show on the Space Channel that involves cosplay and/or sci-fi makeup etc. and love every second of it!

I have been laughed at by most of my friends, they think I'm weird, should grow up, bla bla bla, but I don't let that stop me. I'll go to the cons by myself if no one wants to come with.

I admire all cosplayers. I have seen some extraordinary stuff, they are amazing! Many are true artists (with a geek heart, gotta love the geek).

Hope some of you guys posting in this thread also post some pics of your cosplay, would love to see them :)
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am!! :) I'm going to my fourth con this March. It's MTAC(Middle TN Anime Convention) :D I love cosplaying.
  • GeekyKellie
    Options
    Yes, me!! I love Cosplay, and that's one of the biggest reasons I'm on here :) . I want to feel wonderful in my costumes. Anyone, feel free to add me!
    I am too old for doing cosplay now, but I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!

If it was around when I was young I would have sooooooo dressed up. I am an excellent seamstress and I sculpt, so can you imagine how much I would have enjoyed the whole cosplay thing.

Since I'm too old for doing it myself now, I enjoy watching the cosplayers. I love going to cons for that purpose and also to meet certain Sci-Fi celebrities.

I watch any show on the Space Channel that involves cosplay and/or sci-fi makeup etc. and love every second of it!

I have been laughed at by most of my friends, they think I'm weird, should grow up, bla bla bla, but I don't let that stop me. I'll go to the cons by myself if no one wants to come with.

I admire all cosplayers. I have seen some extraordinary stuff, they are amazing! Many are true artists (with a geek heart, gotta love the geek).

Hope some of you guys posting in this thread also post some pics of your cosplay, would love to see them :)

You're not too old! Never too old :) . This is one of my favorite Cosplay pics, and it happens to be an older woman:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/7a2d0037bb675e9ef19e052794d60f84/tumblr_mmm4euUpw01rcksbno1_1280.jpg
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    No such thing as too old to cosplay. I present, Captain Dad, who thought he was too old and not buff enough to cosplay Captain America:

http://onawingandaswear.tumblr.com/captaindad
  • onrainyydays
    Options
    i used to, but they can be so expensive! and i'm too lazy to make stuff :/
  • Animebride2015
    Options
    i have been cosplaying for a few years now! this year i will be sailor jupiter and sailor jupiter in here school girl outfit. I hope to present them at AWA 2012
  • daniru_
    daniru_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love costuming! I dressed as Starbuck at Dragon Con this past year and plan to again this year. I'm hoping to lose some weight and to tone up my arms by August.
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started copslaying while I was obese and continued through my weight loss into a normal BMI. While I would advocate that cosplaying is something that should be acceptable at any weight, cosplaying while in a normal BMI was a very different (and more positive) experience for me.

But, then again, making the costumes was always as much fun for me as wearing them.

Order them the size you are now, you can always take take the seams in later if you shrink.
  • TristansHawk
    TristansHawk Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love cosplaying! I am going to Anime North (Toronto) this year as Sheik from SSBB! AN last year was one of the reasons I started to lose weight.