My Pants are Falling off my Body

Options

Replies

• PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you are planning on continuing to loose weight, don't spend a lot on clothes. If what you have is getting absurdly loose, go to a thrift shop/garage sales and buy second hand until you reach your goal. It can get expensive otherwise. Jeans I had from when I was at 247 just fall straight off of me but I still have ~50lbs to go so I bought second hand jeans.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I sold all my good clothes on ebay, then used the money to buy some new clothes, I have a smaller selection now, I'm not going mad and buying loads just in case I drop another size, that might be wishful thinking though!!
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Two years ago is when I had my significant weight loss where all of my 36" pants that were extremely tight eventually went to extremely baggy. Same for a few belts. It felt so good to go try on new cloths at a much smaller size but buying 5 new pairs of pants hurt the wallet.

I also made a point of donating those 36" pants asap, I didn't want to be tempted to have something I could "fall back" to in my closet. I was moving forward.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    At least you'll never have the problem where your waist fits a size 4 dress but it won't zip up past your still huge boobs. wtf body...
  • beanhead373
    beanhead373 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are lots of trendy thrift shops around these days as well as the good old standbys like Goodwill and Salvation Army. If you are looking for something more fashionable, I hear Pandora's Closet is great.
  • JJananii
    JJananii Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I still have my clothes from before my first pregnancy (five years ago) and I just can't get rid of them. I'm glad though because it will be really neat to be able to put them on again. I also have clothes that I had to buy as I gained weight, so I'm pretty well covered all the way to my goal. I feel for you though, as that would suck. But just think- it's a lot better to have to buy clothes because of losing weight, rather than gaining weight.
  • marykate1984
    marykate1984 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Going through that right now...lost 42 pounds. Clearance racks are my new best friends and start with must haves! I have learned to set aside a certain amount out of every paycheck and that is money to replace clothes. It is a slow process but you get there eventually. (Birthdays are great times to ask friends and family for clothes or gift cards to buy clothes too!) Happy shopping!
  • b2kelly
    b2kelly Posts: 62
    Options
    Also, just a suggestion - DON'T keep your old clothes! I kept mine around for a long time until my husband made me get rid of them - he said that by keeping them around, I was giving in to fear.

I was like, "What do you mean?"

He said, "It's because you're afraid that your weight loss won't stick. You're afraid that you're going to fail. That's why you keep them around, because you think you're going to need them. Well, you DON'T."

I was like.... well, damn. He's right.

I got rid of them that afternoon. :smile: So, when you go to your thrift shops.... donate your old clothes!!!

This is really really good advice, Thank you. I am seriously dreading parting with like 10K of clothes, like $500 of jeans I just bought in November some never worn... I wonder if the SPCA takes clothing donations because I would rather help the animals instead of the people.
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    or go to a tailor? if the clothes are still good (or as good as new be honest) then send them to the tailor! s/he'll take your measurements and adjust them! you can even tell them to adjust it a bit more if you're planning to lose more weight.
  • b2kelly
    b2kelly Posts: 62
    Options
    At least you'll never have the problem where your waist fits a size 4 dress but it won't zip up past your still huge boobs. wtf body...

OMG This is hilarious! hahaahhahahaahah
  • Kasiatoo
    Options
    Congrats. That is fantastic! Keep up the good work.
    :smile:
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well. I plan to go this weekend to get a new pair of jeans, coat, & dress pants. Mine are entirely too big. Tighter clothes will help me keep losing the weight too! =)
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome wardrobe for every size from a 2 to an 8, an a half a wardrobe in size 10, and stretch pants that have no size but large. Smart me, I saved them all.

Rounding the bend toward the 10s.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

I wish I still had boobs :sad:
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I finally had to go to get me some new jeans. I realized after cracking everyone that I needed to do something lol. I did not want to invest in brand new clothes because I am losing every day. So, I went to the Goodwilll. I picked up 3 pairs of brand name jeans for $12. You can't beat that!
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Savers is a great place to check out for clothes. I went from a size 26 to an 8 and would have gotten broke if it wasn't for them.
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I fail to see how this is a problem.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Buy some tack buttons for your jeans and get an extra inch or 2 out of them before buying new clothes
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I fail to see how this is a problem.

^^This^^ :devil:
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Try Craigslist clothing section or go to a wealthy section of town and look for a thrift store. Suggest to the facilitators of MFP that we have a separate section to swap clothing.

Good luck to you.