What's your Weight-loss Mantra?

Options
What do you tell yourself every day to reinforce your weight-loss strategy? This can be something you tell yourself to pry a cupcake from your own hand, jump on the treadmill when you don't feel like it, or just something you say every single day that gets you to take yourself seriously enough to make healthy decisions.

Mine is "NO EXCUSES"

So far I have lost 34 pounds and I'm going to lose 46 more.
NO EXCUSES.

Replies

• newnarelle
    newnarelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Mine is I am a skinny woman trapped In a fat girls body! Get me out! LOL
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's an unfortunate one, considering the source. "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." I read that Kate Moss said it, so for her it is an unhealthy mantra.

So far it's working for me. :wink:
  • Endless_Sky
    Options
    Run hard, live easy

It's the ad campaign for varsity sports in Baton Rouge. I think they sell sneakers. It was so clever that I may even buy my next sneaks there!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is boring, but a simple "No, you don't need that" and thinking about the calories it's going to take away from my day is all I need.
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Mine is I am a skinny woman trapped In a fat girls body! Get me out! LOL

That's one I think we can all relate to!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just cuss myself out. It keeps me going.
  • bethm1210
    bethm1210 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a note in my office that says "140x50". It means "140 by 50" which is the weight I want to reach by my birthday. I have 3 weeks and 4 pounds to go. I can do it!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    When I'm struggling thru a workout I find myself saying;
    Unless you're about to puke you can push a little harder, move a little faster & keep your pudgy butt moving.
  • k8ieP
    k8ieP Posts: 54
    Options
    I imagine the body that I want and the way I want to feel and ask myself what I can do to get there. :)
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    When I'm struggling thru a workout I find myself saying;
    Unless you're about to puke you can push a little harder, move a little faster & keep your pudgy butt moving.

Hey whatever gets me to move MY pudgy butt works too!
  • aditiahuja
    Options
    I say to myself i need to do this to get a beautiful baby waiting for her to arrive badly.
    SO can do anything to get her.
  • loveusa
    Options
    "Do you want to be......a fox or a box?"

Saw it on MyFitnessPal and ought to credit the person who came up with it, if I only knew who it was! Anyway, thought it was cute and have made it my new motto. :)
  • loveusa
    Options
    I say to myself i need to do this to get a beautiful baby waiting for her to arrive badly.
    SO can do anything to get her.

That is so beautiful! Anyone would be honored to be your child because you do care......and tend to even details of parenthood.
  • aditiahuja
    Options
    That is so beautiful! Anyone would be honored to be your child because you do care......and tend to even details of parenthood.
    [/quote]

Thanx so much dear. ya have been bit over weight so not able to conceive nd have to do my best to be healthy now..
  • fatnessman
    Options
    A quitter never wins and a winner never quits
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    A quitter never wins and a winner never quits

I love it!
  • donella73
    Options
    Mine's not a mantra, but a visualisation. I close my eyes and picture myself at my ideal weight, happy and proud of myself, with my husband and boys beside me. I focus very closely on this image every night as I go to sleep too.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I say a quitter never wins and a winner never quits.
    jane
  • turbojanem
    Options
    i AM worthy of being healthy. and i NEED to take care of my temple so that i can finish well.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    A slip up is no reason to give up