Halfway to goal weight pics

Options
I'm 6'4" and started my MFP journey on Sept 7th. I am in a weight loss competiton at work, which ends tomorrow. I have lost 34 lbs so far, in 11 weeks.

This picture was from Sept 5th when we took my son to Great America for his birthday

Sept2010.jpg

And this is from date night with my hubby last weekend. I still have a long way to go, but so proud of what I accomplished in a fairly short amount of time!

11-20-10004.jpg

Replies

• deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You're on a roll. Keep it up and post picks when you drop that next 20.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHH!!!!! You look SO GOOD and I'm SO PROUD of my BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, INSPIRING friend.
    No matter the outcome tomorrow, you've accomplished so much in this time and you have A LOT to be proud of. Keep shakin' it, friend. I'm so proud of you.:heart:
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! Congrats on your great accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself!!!!
  • gabriellesimone
    gabriellesimone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    great job! you look so fantastic!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    awesome and inspiring. Can you tell me how you did it? i would like to learn as well. Great job and looking great.
  • heatypablo
    Options
    you look great!! thanks for posting!!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome! You are an inspiration! CONGRATULATIONS!
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    you look fantastic! i hope you win @ work! :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    WOW! I hope you win but I think you already have :-)
  • SashaSpells
    Options
    great job, and you rock the height! =)
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Wow! Great work! You look fantastic!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Va-va-voom! That green looks fantastic on you. :bigsmile: Keep up the great work!!! ^_^
  • leggymomma64
    leggymomma64 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah probably should have said HOW I did it :laugh:

It's nothing overly complicated. I do a workout DVD 5 days a week - I have 5 zumba DVDs I rotate, but also add others in the mix as I am easily bored. I aim for 30 minutes on days I am rushed, but 45-60 on most days. I will also walk on my 30 minute lunch at work at least 2-3 days a week. I work 10:30 am - 7 pm at a call center, so I sit at a computer all day. I eat my lunch on my 1st break, which frees up my lunch for my power walk. I count my total calories on here, I have it set to lose 2 lbs a week, but I try to leave 200-400 calories left at the end of the day, and through most of the weeks I averaged 3-4 lbs lost per week. I am just eating sensibly and figured out quick that if I eat lower calorie foods, I can eat MORE of them. I made simple switches like using Sara Lee 45 calorie bread and I have a sandwich almost every day for lunch - some days 2 of them. Honestly, I still eat my fun size candy bars at work, but limit myself to 1 or 2 and not every single day. I don't completely forbid myself any food, I have just learned to "make friends" with healthier, lower calorie versions of what I love. I am an ice cream freak, so when I really crave it, I have a McDonalds cone - 150 calories. It's all about limits!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! WTG!!!
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    WOW... you look great! You should be proud!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Yay! Keep up the good work! I joined this site on the 7th as well! Is there a pot to win for whoever loses the most? I bet you won!!! Keep up the good work, girlie!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You are doing Amazing!!!!!!! Way to go!!!! Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
    I love date nights now with my hubby..... and I assume they will just keep getting better the better I feel!!! :love:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.....I absolutely love the top
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Looking good! You should be super proud of yourself!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!