T25 & Added Exercise Question

Options
I started T25 this week. I really like it, but I am used to longer workouts so I added a Turbo Fire 30 (kickboxing) as well. When I told my husband he said that I shouldn't have done this because there is a science to the way the workouts are layed out and I might not get the best results. In my opinion any extra exercise is good. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sorry to bump! Anyone?
  • mmargarette
    mmargarette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    There are days wherein I do t25 and insanity: core cardio. Try kettlebell/dumbbell workouts too. Find what suits you!
  • andres0691
    andres0691 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The more exercise you do the more calories you burn and the more calories you burn the faster the weight loss. Just do not train too hard as to hurt yourself, find your limit. Try doing that extra cardio for a week and see how it goes. I am currently doing P90X mixed with T25 (for the cardio part) on the same day and then finishing off with Ab Ripper X. At first it was hard to go through half of T25 but with practice and weight loss things become easier. If you can afford a Heart Rate monitor (i own a POLAR) that would be better. Just remember, every day you workout and have a calorie deficit, you are in better shape than the day before. Even if its only a 20 minute workout, go for weekly goals (such as to burn 3000 calories more than you consume per week). I find T25 to be easier than Insanity, but it still burns a significant amount of calories if done to the MAX. Good luck!!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I agree...I hardly ever follow a program to the "T". If I can do more cardio, I do it...the only thing I try not to overdue is strength...you can hurt yourself doing that.

The people who put out the program like it if someone can say they just did that program and got results but we are all different. Some people need to do other things to lose weight or mix it up more or they just like variety.

If you can do Turbofire also and like it, and you have the time and energy, go for it.