Share Your Funny Work Lingo

Options
2»

Replies

• jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    we have POS (point of sale), but yours are sooooo funny!!!!!!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    County Jail =

Crib Sheet = Booking Paperwork
    Junk & Bunk = Being Released from custody
    Go Drop = Urine sample (drug test)
    Jewelry = Leg irons, cuffs, shackles etc.

a million other ones!
  • ErinSchramm
    Options
    Worst thing that a few of us say out in the open when we're having a bad day is "FTS. It's FTS hour!"

FTS = F**k This S**T.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    SOB is School of Business for my job. "I'm heading over to talk to the SOB dean"

We also have an internal sort of social media website where coworkers can connect and share documents and ask questions. We can upload our resumes or write a profile, which is called a V-card. So everyone's page has a button that says "Download my V-card." I know a lot of law firms and other businesses also do this, but it still makes me cringe!
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    When we get really frustrated with things we'll say "This thing is gonna have me speaking Canadian." This is a reference to our elderly Canadian accountant who drops F bombs and SH words on a daily.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    At my work we have "cooties". Most of the time cooties are bad things, but these derived from someone botching the word "kudos". THerefore, to give "cooties" to someone is a huge compliment!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Chargeback = customer
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    When we make molds we use a Vulcanizer, and you must always give the live long and prosper sign when you say it! HAHAHAHA
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    This job and my last one both had TPS reports (okay not really immature, but funny movie reference that most seem oblivious to). One job was Test Pilot school reports and the other is total production system report.

there are also signs by the vertical heat treat ( I work at a metal manufacturer) that say no swimming or fishing and a safety pole that looks remarkably like a minion.
  • mtneerjk81
    mtneerjk81 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PIMP - Product inspection & management plan
    VAG - Video action group
    TIT - Technology information transmittal
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I work at a place that displays rockets. My boss came in once to ask me to give a tour. When I asked her what she wanted me to cover, her response was, "Oh, you know... just point out all of the [male genitalia] shaped things hanging from the ceiling and tell them why they were important."
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    We have a POS (Point of sale) system and a PITA (pain in the A) (a girl in the office), I got a folder on my desk once labeled STD right before I left on maternity leave, we have an A**hole tax, and RTFM (read the f****ing manual). I work at a car dealership/repair facility. COD (cash on delivery). I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    PIMP - Product inspection & management plan
    VAG - Video action group
    TIT - Technology information transmittal

These are amazing.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    We've a POS, PDU's, TDU's, and we regularly sew up crotches.
    Oh and we measure girth a lot. I had to do that today.

I work in police supply.