What do I really need?

Options
I could use a little help! I am a stay-at-home mom of 2 and began running and doing light weights along with using MFP last year to lose my baby weight and get into shape. Now I'm doing free weights 3x a week and running about 4 miles a day 2x a week (so working out 5 days a week). With the new year I made a goal to run a half marathon in May, along with a 5k in April and so I've added a third day of running to do my long runs and have a sixth day of exercise.

I've been wondering lately if I'm eating enough and getting the right %'s of carbs vs fats vs protein as some days I feel completely worn out and with the half marathon prep I want to be sure I've got my nutrition right! I currently have MFP set at Active since I've been working out 5-6 days a week and I'm constantly chasing the kids, doing housework, etc. so most days I sit to eat otherwise I am up running around until 4:30 am until 9:00 pm or so! I've lost all of the weight that I want to lose but would love to get a little leaner. After bumping my exercise goal from 5 to 6 days on MFP my current daily calorie goal is 2,000 - without my exercises and depending on the type of daily exercise it bumps up to 2400-2500, most days this is really hard to achieve! My calorie breakdown is set to 45% carbs, 30% protein, 25% fat.

Do these numbers sound right to any of you, am I doing this right?! If there's any additional information needed let me know, I truly appreciate any and all advice! Thank you so much!

Replies

• tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You could increase your protien at the expense of your carbs, but your numbers seem right to me.

You may want to consider changing from Mommy losing weight mode to Athlete mode: meaning eat more at maintance (or higher) so you have the energy to preform at the highest levels of potential you have. Athlete mode will also allow you your body to recomp fat for muscle. You'll lose weight (or stay the same weight and lose inches around the waist) more slowly, but you'll preform better in your athletic preformances.
  • MamaVeys
    Options
    Thank you for your reply and advice!