Hobby ideas wanted

Options
2»

Replies

• lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Reading????

Too many good books out there to ignore.
  • Harry_jazzhands
    Options
    staying inside sucks :p Go geocaching or mountain biking, both fun and doesnt feel like working out!
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    breed snakes haha
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    breed snakes haha
    Why not rabbits or guinea pigs? They do the work for you. :glasses:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    breed snakes haha
    Why not rabbits or guinea pigs? They do the work for you. :glasses:

In rented accommodation. There not happy I have three dogs- they wouldn't allow anything else.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    staying inside sucks :p Go geocaching or mountain biking, both fun and doesnt feel like working out!
    Do stuff outside too. Looking for stuff for the odd hour.
  • Harry_jazzhands
    Options
    video games? haha
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Make greetings cards? Either to use yourself or if you really get going, good handmade cards sell pretty well - one of my colleagues used to keep a box of hers on her desk and got a lot of trade!
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been involved in rare coins and precious metals for many years. I run a small business
    dealing in these historical items most of which contain real value. This can be a fun passtime
    for some and way to make some non-traditional investments for overall diversification.
    Getting a good education in this area is key but it is easily acquired if your serious
    about the topic. Most communities have a local coin club you can join to get more direct
    contact with other interested parttes. It has served me well all my life. Consider it, though it's
    not for everybody.

Dan
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Make greetings cards? Either to use yourself or if you really get going, good handmade cards sell pretty well - one of my colleagues used to keep a box of hers on her desk and got a lot of trade!
    Do you not find though that you have to spend a lot to get the stuff. Loads of people sell them around here so I don't think that's an option.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I have been involved in rare coins and precious metals for many years. I run a small business
    dealing in these historical items most of which contain real value. This can be a fun passtime
    for some and way to make some non-traditional investments for overall diversification.
    Getting a good education in this area is key but it is easily acquired if your serious
    about the topic. Most communities have a local coin club you can join to get more direct
    contact with other interested parttes. It has served me well all my life. Consider it, though it's
    not for everybody.

Dan
    Thanks for the idea. Isn't collecting just too easy now you can just look on the internet. I do like the idea of collecting though
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. They just frustrate me though.
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Photography hands down is a great hobby to get into. The skills you can learn from it are endless really. I believe everyone should have at least one great photo of themselves.

second this :)
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Photography hands down is a great hobby to get into. The skills you can learn from it are endless really. I believe everyone should have at least one great photo of themselves.

second this :)
    I used to help my ex with his wedding photography business so don't look on it as a hobby any more. Sorry, I don't mean to sound negative but I've just not found anything that grabs me.