Breakfast Ideas? (Bored of Eggs)

Options
2»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Anything you want.. breakfast is not limited to certain foods.. I've had all kinds of things for breakfast. yes I tend to stick with eggs or protein pudding or fruit or shakes because they are quick and easy, but you want steak you have steak. This week is open the fridge and make something up week. since i am running low on everything and need to stretch my pennies. This weekend will be interesting as I clear out my pantry.
  • momofarmymedic
    Options
    I like Kashi cereal with a few strawberries, has protein and fiber.
  • Ang5Ang
    Options
    I like to have overnight oatmeal. I combine 1 mashed banana, 1/2 cup steal-cut oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp chia seeds and a little cinnamon in a bowl, then I cover and put in the fridge overnight. In the morning I heat up about half of it (for me that is enough) for about a minute in the microwave. Then I usually add a little more almond milk, some walnuts and whatever fruit I have on top (pomegranate or cherries are great).
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This morning I blended some full fat organic yoghurt from a local farmer (it is really really good), spinach, frozen strawberries, and some skim milk. It was meant to be a smoothie but it was more like frozen yoghurt. It was really delicious O_O.

Sometimes instead of regular eggs I mix pureed pumpkin if I have it (I put a pumpkin in the oven, scoop out the goo, lasts me a good while), with some raisins, cinnamon, an egg and an eggwhite. If you fry it on really low heat with a lid/foil on the pan, you get a nice filling, fluffie, pumpkin pancake. Also good with some melted cheese.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat "pumpkin pie" oatmeal regularly. Add a serving of pure pumpkin puree (you can buy Libby's in a can- just make sure it's pure pumpkin and not the pumpkin pie mix version) and pumpkin pie spice. I also had two tbsp of chocolate PB2. I tend to just microwave an instant lower sugar Quaker maple brown sugar packet. Occasionally, I make it with plain oatmeal too and both are good. Mix well for the tastiest results.