Food challenges at Work

Options
Yesterday I knew that I was having lunch at work at a training session so I didn't brown bag it. Typical half sandwiches, salad, wraps, potato chips, soft drinks.
I decided on a half of turkey and brie on a ciabatta roll. I dissected it and wound up only eating the turkey which was only 2 ounces the most. No roll, no brie.
Needless to say I was hungry. I walk 50 feet and they are having a Greek lunch in back of my desk. Trays of lamb, rice, shredded carrots. Lots of greasy foods and unhealthy foods.
I had some carrots, salad, and called it a day. I was so happy I refrained!!!
I lost 1.3 pounds since the last weigh-in! YAY! :happy:

Replies

• Luxleo
    Luxleo Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and resisting! I know how you feel...people at my work ALWAYS bring food! It's usually pizza, donuts, cupcakes, and all that unhealthy stuff. Uuugh, it was so frustrating. But I stayed away from all that food for the most part. :D
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Luckily my current workplace does not involve a lot of carry-ins or catered lunches like places I have worked previously. That really helps. Also, my coworkers do not snack. They smoke and drink black coffee (two things of no interest to me) so I'm the one having carrots & hummus, a small Clif Z bar, or a nice cup of tea.

HOWEVER. In my area there's a chocolate factory and it's good stuff, not national branded junk. Practically every vendor for our plant sent in a boxed assortment of that, or See's (another good chocolate brand). Another guy brought in handmade caramels so fresh it was ridiculous. Now I can steer clear of birthday cake or half-stale donuts, but that stuff is like my Kryptonite...just SO hard to resist. I wound up getting 1-2 pieces every day for a month and now I am so glad it's all gone!! ;-) It didn't really stall my loss much but it did pose an issue.

At one of my former offices, they ordered in frozen custard several times a month. Always on Friday afternoon. I was married to my ex husband who ate very indulgently. So basically I consumed a 700 cal frozen custard sundae or concrete at 3 pm and then went out to a place like Applebee's at 5:30...no wonder I reached my highest weight of 307...lol
  • telegirl52
    Options
    I either refrain, or compensate by having salads at dinner or preplanning high fiber breakfasts of fruit. I love my company but they sure like to feed us! Usually there are healthy choices, but yesterday was a Super Bowl party with pizza and wings. I still came in 500 calories under goal for the day! Enough about me...congrats and thanks for sharing :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Work food is always a challenge. You did a nice job circumventing the high calorie low nutrition stuff.