Replies

• missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I was in the baking mood and went right to my kitchen to make these, thanks for the recipe.

I modified them a bit (added vanilla, reduced oil by ½, reduced applesauce by ½ cup, used sweetener instead of sugar, skim milk instead of 1% and egg beaters instead of an egg) mainly b/c the instant oats I have are higher in calories than the more common Quaker kind so I compensated.

I came up with 7 jumbo muffins which made them 3 WW points each.

I added the recipe to MFP, ‘Jumbo Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins - 3 WW Points’, I’m just waiting 20 more minutes until they are done to add a photo and tell you if they were any good (batter tasted good so I have high hopes).

I'll be back by 9:40 to let ya'll know ;)

Bump!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    bump! Might try these 2night!!!!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump. Looks like it's muffins tonight!~
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Adding to my recipe collection. Thanks. :happy:
  • carmen1485
    Options
    Mmm, these look great. I love muffins but I have a daft question (and also get to bump the recipe for later).

I see people talking here about applesauce but I'm not sure what it is. Is it apples stewed and pureed? If so, are they cooking apples or dessert apples?

I'm assuming you buy it pre-made but figure I can make my own as I can't buy it.

Thanks

Carmen
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    A Yummy... Bump
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Do the muffins have to be refrigerated since they have the apple sauce surprise center which is probably perishable at room temperature?

Yes, I would. They will stay fresher longer too.
  • JLAEZ143
    Options
    So I thought I would try my hand at baking on my first night... These turned out really good!!!! My family even enjoyed them and I left out the part about them being healthy, lol...

Thanks for posting the recipes!
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Do the muffins have to be refrigerated since they have the apple sauce surprise center which is probably perishable at room temperature?
    Since I left out the applesauce surprise I am not refrigerating mine
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Here is how mine turned out! Bratgrr1 suggested sprinkling with cinnamon sugar and I did that but before I did make a little slit, in the top of each muffin, and put just a tish of applesauce in the slit then sprinkled each one with the cinnamon sugar. I too used artificial sweetener and skim milk and put a teaspoon of both vanilla and cinnamon, in the batter mix. I did make them with the paper liners and just like bratgrr1 found the liners did not come off real easy. (although I suspect that after refrigerating they might peel off a little easier.) I got 14 from my batch. They are fantastic and I think just that little bit of applesauce, on the top of each muffin, with the cinnamon sugar, helps add a little sweetness.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Here is how mine turned out! Bratgrr1 suggested sprinkling with cinnamon sugar and I did that but before I did make a little slit, in the top of each muffin, and put just a tish of applesauce in the slit then sprinkled each one with the cinnamon sugar. I too used artificial sweetener and skim milk and put a teaspoon of both vanilla and cinnamon, in the batter mix. I did make them with the paper liners and just like bratgrr1 found the liners did not come off real easy. (although I suspect that after refrigerating they might peel off a little easier.) I got 14 from my batch. They are fantastic and I think just that little bit of applesauce, on the top of each muffin, with the cinnamon sugar, helps add a little sweetness.
    Yes the paper liners came off much easier after cooling completely. Next time I will have to add the applesauce or thinking I might just add some diced apple. Adds fiber
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm always trying new low-fat baked goods. Unfortunately they usually taste low-fat! Hope these are different :smile:
  • Atomaszewski
    Options
    Bump! This sounds delicious and so loving the 70 calories a serving
    Thank You

:flowerforyou:
  • mskees22
    Options
    Definitely gonna give these a try this week!
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later! Thanks for sharing!