What have you been tempted by in the last 24 hours? Did you

Options
Hello,

I wondered what everyone's temptations were? Either one-offs or daily things? And did you resist or give in?

Mine was to skip the workout yesterday because I was tired after work and it was dark and cold and I just wanted to go home! And I gave in. Damn! Been feeling annoyed with myself today.

Today, I was tempted to have strawberry jam on toast instead of porridge but I made myself eat the porridge!

Replies

• tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I skipped my workout yesterday too. I have some good excuses for it, but in all honesty, I could have made the time - I just didn't try hard enough. I'm pretty disapointed about it, but I'm going to try to make up for it today!

My temptation.... last night (after skipping my workout and making not very good food choices for the day), I wanted to eat a PB&J sandwich - just because it sounded really good and I felt like eating something (was not hungry, by the way). I resisted, and I'm soooooooo glad I did!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I ordered sugar free chocolate truffels, and the orders came in today.... had one! Not too bad, but one is all I need for today!
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    I ate a nice big piece of fudge cake yesterday. Lol. (Only cause it was my birthday)
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    My temptation yesterday were Wagon Wheels, a very special treat that my daughter loves and only gets once in a while. Her bad old Mom caved and ate TWO of them and then worked her butt off on the elliptical to try to make up for it.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    At the grocery store. The sample stations had some sweet looking things. I stopped, thought about 10 seconds and left empty mouthed. :bigsmile:
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i had a corona =( my weakness, my husband got regular instead of light.. so only had 1
  • Izzys_mom
    Izzys_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A&W Onion rings...... and I gave in. They are sooooo good. I'm eating them right now. But since I probably won't have time for supper tonight it's ok. Right? LOL
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I was watching TV, and ALL Ads were about chocolate, chocolate chip cookies and cake... I was so frusterated, I went to bed. Thank god I didn't have any chocolate in the house!!
  • specialk1177
    specialk1177 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well, I just had my birthday (and major cramps too) so aside from dancing Saturday night I've been skipping my workouts for the last 5 days & have been living on leftovers & birthday cake so I'm like 10 steps behind now & just in time for Thanksgiving! I will be working out today for sure but I can't make any promises for the rest of the week...my only goal is to maintain my weight until the 29th.
  • dstephens19802
    Options
    I ate an entire bag of chocolate covered peanuts sitting outside lastnight, and I'm not talking one of the little ones either:) I realized my pitfall time............right after work before I get to eat dinner.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I always feel bad if I ever skip a workout, because there should not be an excuse unless I'm injured, but when I cave to food temptations and I find a way to make it fit into my goals, I'm good with it. This would be miserable to accomplish if I were constantly beating myself up over food. The trick is to not allow myself to cave very often.

I guess my last 24 hour temptation was having pizza for dinner last night, but it was planned in advance, so not really an impulsive temptation.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Needed a late-night snack last night...luckily, it was a healthy one, but my portion sizes were a little extreme! Oh well, today I got an early workout and healthy breakfast in!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    A cheese sandwich. Don't usually touch cheese because its stupidly high in calories. Was it worth it?.....terrible acid but yes, It was what I wanted at the time. Means just veggies for dinner but I can live with that
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I ate a nice big piece of fudge cake yesterday. Lol. (Only cause it was my birthday)

Happy late birthday
  • nic1227
    Options
    A bagel with peanut butter...and I gave in. It was delicious.
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Skipping meals. I'm bad about it. But I ate a big dinner last night. Today, I went to the gym without eating first and was tempted to skip lunch too. But I ate. I just don't have control over my eating so I feel like when I start eating, it's just hard to stop.

And I'm just bored with lettuce and carrots.

Eva
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I had a brownie last night because I really wanted it and it fit in my calorie goals for the day.
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Happy to say, nothing, except I had to work like crazy to get 8 glasses of water in. I need to start earlier in the day.

I have been thinking about -- BUT DID NOT AND WILL NOT CAVE -- a nice juicy cheeseburger with ketchup, mustard, sweet relish, and mayo.

Also I got Breyer's sugar free and everything-else-free mint chocolate chip ice cream, but when I read the ingredients I wasn't convinced. I easily passed it up, and my granddaughter was only too happy to have some. Strange how I could do that, where before I might have eaten...well, I won't tell you! :noway:
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    I was doing pretty good, then my boss brought donuts to our staff meeting this morning...and i caved :angry: