Today a week 100% free of booze and tabacco :)

Options

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Still got those moments i really really craving to smoke especialy after diner but staying strong :)
    Don't tell me about it! I quit smoking a while ago, and after dinner was the worst time for me. I did it anyway, be patient and stay strong :)
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Are you going to meetings or seeing a counselor? I can say they both really help, although I could never really get into the AA format, it was still helpful for awhile after I quit using drugs.
    I also found that I liked the alanon meetings better, I seemed to relate to the other people better.
    Keep up the good work. One day at a time!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    So after smoking for 17 years and been a alcoholic for 5 years today i havent touched both for a week, i know i know not very long but it's a step in the good direction :)

Stopped both cold turkey so maybe it could be a motivation to someone out there :happy: Now i need to shred 66lb :noway:

Also on my 5th day of insanity and p90x so i hope that i can stick with it because as the same reason i post this, don't have any friends or family nearby and the ones that are have also a really really bad lifestyle so they can't really relate.

If you were standing in front of me I'd hugg you!!
    Great job!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    keep it up i've been there 3 years and four months almost. it one of the best thing i've done. you are so much stronger then you think.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    So after smoking for 17 years and been a alcoholic for 5 years today i havent touched both for a week, i know i know not very long but it's a step in the good direction :)

Stopped both cold turkey so maybe it could be a motivation to someone out there :happy: Now i need to shred 66lb :noway:

Also on my 5th day of insanity and p90x so i hope that i can stick with it because as the same reason i post this, don't have any friends or family nearby and the ones that are have also a really really bad lifestyle so they can't really relate.

Congratulations, your strength is admirable. Keep up the good work because you can do it!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Are you going to meetings or seeing a counselor? I can say they both really help, although I could never really get into the AA format, it was still helpful for awhile after I quit using drugs.
    I also found that I liked the alanon meetings better, I seemed to relate to the other people better.
    Keep up the good work. One day at a time!
    No meetings or counselor, on my own which is ok cause ive been alone for the past 15 years anyways so im used to it :)
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done you!

I have managed to stop living on junk but I am still a smoker. 20-30 per day, I know I need to give them up but I'm not ready to do it yet because I know doing it all at once won't work for me. Having said that, the smoking is making exercise more difficult because I get out of breath and my chest starts to hurt so I am hoping that exercising more will make the smoking unbearable so that I give up naturally? Does that make sense? x
  • davetank2
    Options
    Congrats! You are stronger than you think.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, that has to be hard. Congratulations on your succes, and may many "free" weeks follow!
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratuations, that's amazing. I've smoked on and off for 14 years. Quitting twice when pregnant with both boys and for periods afterwards, but somehow it always sneaks back up. I struggle with alcohol too, though I don't consider myself an alcoholic. Stay strong!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey to a healthier you! As a former smoker, I know it is a hard thing to quit. "Never quit quitting" was my motto...been smokefree for 16 years. You can do it.
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Thanks again for all the nice comments.

Today i dont feel so great, i get irritated with the smallest things and feel agressive, hope that will be gone soon because i am not like that.
  • tonytedesco
    tonytedesco Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I will celebrate 7 years smoke-free in a few weeks. It can be done. You are on the right path. Stay with it!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are doing great
  • 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! Congratulations!!
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Thank you, 10 days now :P