Am I the only one irritated by the 2 lb a week goal

Options
I have done nothing seriously drastic except cut calories and start walking and Ive lost 17lbs so far. I never can eat all my calories I try I do just not happening someebody please help me with my frustrations lol

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not on a "diet" but trying to learn to eat better, I manually set my daily calories to 1400 a day. I was too hungry at 1200. Everyone's body is different and some of us requiring higher (or some, lower) daily calories.

How long have you been stuck? What do you mean by 'drastic calories cuts'? As in, what MFP recommends or something different?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods, switch from skim to 1 or 2% milk, use nut butters with fruit, add olive oil to soups, salads and sauces, eat avocado.
    Grab a handful of nuts and/or dehydrated fruit as a snack, drink more of your calories (juice, smoothies).
    Eat higher fat versions of salad dressing, sour cream, cream cheese, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.
    There are plenty of ways to increase your calories without eating a larger quantity of food, it is just a choice on what you eat.
  • mamastuck
    Options
    No I was drinking a case of dr pepper a day yikes lol So I cut soda COMPLETELY! So that cut out alor I mange like 9-1100 calories a day and im FULL
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm missing something becuase I don't see why you're frustrated. You've lost 17 lbs.

Congrats.

If you're frustrated because you're not eating all your calories don't sweat it. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're not.

You are going to have days when you need all of those and days when you can get by on less.

When I started, MFP suggested about 2300 calories. (I was out of calories and starving by 2 PM)

Now I struggle to get to 1200 most days, the system still says I should be eating about 2000.

It sounds like you are doing what is right for you and obviously it's working because you're loosing.

I wish you the best and it sounds like you are doing great. !!

Eva
  • autumnbaby1234
    autumnbaby1234 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sorry but i do not understand your frustration or question. could you be a bit more specific? or perhaps it's just me
  • mamastuck
    Options
    Im frustrated with MFP telling me im starving myself. Im really not. I am full
  • byebye200
    Options
    Hello Mama! I just did a post about this last week. What I have decided to do was to have two days out of the week as higher calorie days..(not really counting meals or cal but not overboard) and the other 5 stick to wat my body is comfortable with.....if its 1000 calories then its 1000 as long as im not hungry n the weight keeps coming off....
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    When plateaus happen try doing something a little different......Try an exercise video...You do need to eat through....I got stuck at around 15 ibls......I was not eat enough....as we cannot look at what you have been eating.....We can only guess....I started out eating nothing but fruits and veggies....It worked for a while then I forced myself to start eating dairies and lots of protein....It made all the difference in the world.....I am at 40 ibls now....every now and then we need a bit of a change to jumpstart things.....some people zig zag their calories...some watch sugar closer and some watch sodium.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    For some reason everyone is mixing up hunger and caloric intake. Calories do not make you full you can eat calorie dense food and still be hungry as there may not be much bulk while low caloric foods may make you feel full. The problem is you body needs a certain amount of energy (calories) to perform daily functions and exercise. Just make different food choice and you will be able to reach you caloric intake goal. As I said above it is not about how much (quantity) you are eating but rather the caloric density of the foods you choose to eat.
  • autumnbaby1234
    autumnbaby1234 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    oh ok, got it