Any Optifast users out there?

Options

Replies

• 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i do not like people insulting others for any weight loss product they want to use !!

my suggestion on Optifast : do not do it !!
    any weight loss product : no never ever !!

i think but this is what free markets are for. the governments should really take action.
  • freddhorn
    freddhorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am finishing up day 7 of my diet. I originally planned to do the optifast shakes but found I prefer lean shake from Gnc. I am not endorsing them just wanted to give full disclosure. I am down 10 pounds as of this morning. I thought the first couple days were pretty rough but I don't seem to crave food as badly now. I find it helps me to stay motivated by reading everyone's comments, so I thought I would join in. I am however having some constipation issues. Anyone else?
  • freddhorn
    freddhorn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Perhaps I shared too much for my first post. Lol
  • Annie_Bee70
    Annie_Bee70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am starting Optifast next Monday. This week doing no carbs or alcohol, so hopefully not too much of a shock for the body. Plan to sprinkle a few linseeds on my veges to keep my system going. Hopefully 10 weeks will be enough to change my "upper weight set point" - I am pretty good at maintaining my weight, but need to maintain it 15kgs lighter :-)
  • chansau1989
    Options
    Hey guys ive just hit the 3rd week of the 12 weeks intense phase on opti fast and its going great ive lost 9kgs in 3 weeks, after awhile you dont crave much food i find being at the gym alot helps me not want to eat whats sitting at home for dinner lol i guess its just mind over matter, well hope all the rest of you are doing good on it
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    after awhile you dont crave much food i find being at the gym alot helps me not want to eat whats sitting at home for dinner lol i guess its just mind over matter, well hope all the rest of you are doing good on it
    So you're basically doing a very low calorie diet AND working out? Yeah, this is gonna be sustainable.
  • In2luvnme
    In2luvnme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try sliced cucumber in the water, it makes it so refreshing you will start craving water. :wink: Good Luck - Opti-Week 2
  • cruciia
    cruciia Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not on Optifast but I am on Celebrity Slim shakes. I'm coming up to my 11th week now and i have lost 9kgs (19lbs). I would love some friends on a similar program. :)
  • seamom
    seamom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am on day two of total meal replacement and medical weight loss at Kaiser. So far so good. I am looking forward to seeing my weight go down, my cholesterol to naturally go down, and my blood pressure to go down. I want to be alive for my grandson who is due any day now. I was supper hunger last night though and went to bed with my tummy rumbling. Anyone know if this gets better? I drank a cup of hot herbal tea, read in bed, and then went to sleep. Didn't wake up hungry this morning, so maybe it will go away. I am drinking TONS of water. Thanks in advance for the support.
  • seamom
    Options
    It is tough, especially at night when my stomach is actually rumbling with hunger. Drinking tons of water is at least helping. Distraction techniques help too. Someone told me that with bilateral hand movements (keeping your hands busy) helps with cravings. Good luck. I am on my fourth day (2nd week of the program) of Optifast. :smile:
  • kjbush1213
    kjbush1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm am also doing Optifast through Kaiser. I'm on Week 1 day 5 and I'm ready to gnaw off my arm! I'm really craving big time! We're supposed to go to a Super Bowl party today, but I'm thinking of passing on it because I think I'll just want to eat! I'm hoping I can do this program in the long run!
  • seamom
    Options
    I'm am also doing Optifast through Kaiser. I'm on Week 1 day 5 and I'm ready to gnaw off my arm! I'm really craving big time! We're supposed to go to a Super Bowl party today, but I'm thinking of passing on it because I think I'll just want to eat! I'm hoping I can do this program in the long run!

Good strategy. It is best NOT to be around unlimited food choices and too much stimulation. Can you just make an appearance? I am trying to distract myself by doing chores, reading and sewing today. NOT doing the grocery shopping. I talked to my mom last night and she said the first week is the toughest. I am hungry too. I hope this is addressed at our weekly meeting. Just trying to drink lots of water. Save your arm!
  • kjbush1213
    kjbush1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I'm trying to keep busy, too. I'm going to go to the store later to buy some extracts and diet soda to make one of the fancy shakes. For some reason, I liked the tomato soup at first, but the idea of it makes me gag. I think I'm going to stick with the shakes and bars for awhile. I've also gotten on the elliptical twice today, just to keep myself busy. I sure hope it gets easier!
  • traciadams
    traciadams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i'm signed up through Kaiser to start the Optifast program. I know it's not for everyone BUT for me I feel it's the best option to get things started i'm doing the 16 week Full Medical supervised program. I'd love to find some "buddies" who are also in the program.
  • jimnholli
    jimnholli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started doing Optifast five weeks ago. It works, but can be challenging sometimes. I love the chicken soup for supper and for the last two weeks our center (Sparrow) hasn't had any available. Something is going on with the manufacturer. Anyone else have this problem in their area?
  • seamom
    Options
    Tomorrow will be one week, my 7th day on Optifast medical weight loss. I think the evening hunger is getting better. I am drinking a TON of water. The first weekend was tough I just made a list of things to do. I did go to the gym a couple of times last week. I am also not sitting down too much because that is when I start thinking about eating. Hang in there!
  • themandalynn
    themandalynn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im on optifast also. Day 3 is today.

I also created a group called Optifast USA if anyone would like to join. Maybe we can get a big support group together. Anyone is free to join.
  • judibryan46
    judibryan46 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And not JUST on the weight loss, but on the GREAT ATTITUDE! The way I look at it, this is a step toward transforming ourselves into a better, healthier, more energetic self...one without all that extra "baggage" holding us down, holding us back!

Great job!
  • seamom
    Options
    So nice to see such encouraging comments. Week 2 I think is already starting off better. Seeing the results is encouraging too, but the reality is I have lost this weight before. The challenge and commitment has to be sustained. This is not a short term goal just to fit into my "skinny clothes" but one which will allow me quality of life and freedom from the addition to sugar and fatty carbs. With control will come health and with health will come quality of life! Good luck to the early birds (two to four weeks under your belt - pardon the pun). :flowerforyou:
  • judibryan46
    judibryan46 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I, too, really enjoy the chicken soup...have not been made aware of any supply shortage here in Chicagoland.

Stay strong!