DEmotivated by my before and after pics!

Options
2»

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Weight train.

This!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    That's why I measure. My eyes can deceive me, my scale can lie but the tape measure doesn't lie. I was feeling very discouraged this month but when I took my monthly measurements I had lost 1.5" off my waist and 3/4" off my belly which is my problem zone. I lost a little in some of my non problem zones too. So now I feel more motivated again.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Screw/ditch anything that does not provide POSITIVE re-enforcement!! Clearly your body has changed in size, based on the proof you can wear older/smaller clothes dear!
  • irishmama29178
    irishmama29178 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weight train.
    Is that like Soul Train?
    soultrain.gif

make sure you measure yourself, some times the eye lies.

OMG..you're killing me over here! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Satisfaction with weight loss isn't always linear, I've found ;) You've lost over half the weight you want, but you might not be half as pleased as you will be, lol. The later lbs show cooler things, I think. At least on me!
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, my SW: 162, CW: 135, and my GW: 100 - I just can't seem to shake the nagging fact that I hardly feel much change. Whereas others are saying I've lost a good few lbs, but then I'm like ouch, what if I lose all of it and then I still feel this way? I know exactly how you feel, but the best advice I have for you is to try and keep an open eye about things - tell yourself you look fabulous, cause you DO! Keep on the great work, and don't lose hope. Depending on your height, 10lbs won't show too much but your health will reap the benefits! :-)
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Congrtulations on your weight loss. You've lost 55% of your goal. That's awesome! I think a lot of it may be due to your height and your body shape (pear, apple, etc.), Your height wasn't mentioned, but I'm really short, so 10 lbs. on me is a lot. I'm also apple shaped, so my losses usually are fairly visible. If you're only a little overweight and your excess body fat is evenly distributed, your progress may not be as visible to you as others.

Take measurements of several areas on your body for comparison later. But I bet if you posted your before and after pictures, we'd be able to see a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think it just takes time for our body image to adjust to the new reality. Just like it took some time to realize you didn't like what you saw when looking at the overweight you in the mirror, it takes time to adjust your thinking to see what you are obviously feeling in your clothes. Let your body tell you how you are doing. Also, most people won't notice or comment on your weight loss until you have lost 20 to25 pounds, but you need that positive reinforcement to keep yourself motivated. If you are married, tell your spouse that you need to hear how good you look.