Where are you buying your transition clothes?

Options
I don't have gobs of money to spend on clothes that hopefully will soon be too big on me. Goodwill? Old Navy? Walmart?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. No.

Target? Ross...TJMAXX...

I bought most of mine at thrift stores when I was losing. I live in an affluent area and we have killer thrift stores. :tongue:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    ebay? :laugh:
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    ebay? :laugh:

I've bought a ton of nice and brand new clothes on ebay (yes clearly I like ebay). But I prefer being able to try stuff on.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Value Village!
  • Lauriej0426
    Options
    Thrift stores. I don't have great luck with shirts there. But find really great deals on pants and jeans in like new condition.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Value Village!

Never heard of it.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I sew, so I just took in clothes as they got too loose. Saved me bundles!
  • ilovetoeatsweets
    ilovetoeatsweets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Goodwill is a place that you would need to go often since you never know what they will have from day to day.
    Walmart: I believe their clothes are cheaply made and your money would be better spent somewhere else.
    Ebay: I have purchased some clothes here and I have been pleased. Again, know what you want and your sizes. Bargain, bargain, bargain.
    It is also good to purchase a size smaller or project the next size if you can when the stores have them on sale.
  • Vessecora
    Options
    In Australia; Big W

:D
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Kohls is probably my favorite place to shop since I'm in love with the collection by Jennifer Lopez. But I've also been trying to revamp my old wardrobe. If you have a sewing machine and some basic skill in sewing, you'd be amazed at how much of a change you can make in old clothes. I'm turning some old jeans (that I had from my thinner days) into straight and skinny legs, re-fitting some old shirts and even getting new patterns to make totally new shirts out of the old ones the fit me like a tent now. Even bringing some things up at the hips, in at the waist and just fitting more snuggly does wonders. I also like to do this with clothes that I find at thrift stores. Youtube is a great place to find tutorials on how to do a lot of those things.
  • jlcrph
    jlcrph Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of clothes in various sizes so I bought very little as far as transition clothes. I also just wore the same few things for awhile. Preferred to save my money for my ultimate size 6/8 clothes :-)
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    We have a few nice resale shops where I live. Im not going to buy new clothes every 25 pounds!!! I will wait until I am skinnayyyyy!!!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    For summer clothes, I have a lot of capri pants with elastic waists AND drawstrings. So even when they are big on me, I can still wear them.

I think eBay would work for casual or stretchy kinds of clothes where the fit might not need to be perfect (sweaters, etc). But you definitely want to try on dressy or work type pants.

Find a Goodwill in a wealthy neighborhood and you'll probably find great deals.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Goodwill !!!!!!!! thrift stores is the way to go. It is senseless paying high prices for clothes you'll wear very little. I go to thrift stores around well off neighborhoods because I find good quality stuff that is barely used.
    Hit some rummage sales in the summer too!!
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Target and Old Navy mostly. Herberger's (the department store with the Rose logo, it has different names depending on where you live) black dot sale is going on now, I got tons of new stuff cheap. Paid like $12 for a pair of Calvin Klien jeans.
  • MsSoFly
    Options
    I also plan to get clothes that will be TOO BIG soon :ohwell:

If you have thrift stores in your area I highly recommend those. Sometimes the clothes are older and don't last as long depending on there condition before purchasing but most times you can get a good steal on shirts and some times pants.
    What I plan to do is pick up a majority of shirts at these second hand stores along with some pants, then maybe a couple pairs of pants from walmart or ross that will last longer.
    hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores, TJ Maxx, Ross and altering current clothes myself.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I went to Kohls during a sale where almost everything was 1/2 off and bought some DanskinNow stuff at Walmart. I tried some thrift stores, but no luck there. I usually buy my clothes at the outlet mall (ON and GAP)--using their credit card and earning "points" to spend on more clothes:)
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx. I get almost all of my clothes there!
  • FreedomSand
    FreedomSand Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    KMart has marked down all the winter clothes - Basic Editions - to half price, so I've just picked up a few things to see me through to Spring!