Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower

Options
Gatubela01
Gatubela01 Posts: 12 Member
I found this delicious recipe a week ago, and I love it so much I've made it three times since. I made a few modifications that greatly improved the healthy factor of the dish. I used low-fat Greek yogurt, and I skipped the salt. The taste did not suffer one little bit.

Hope you love this as much as I do.
Enjoy!

Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower (from purewow.com)

1tb vegetable oil
1 head cauliflower
1.5c plain Greek yogurt
1 lime, zested and juiced
2tbs chili powder
1tb cumin
1tb garlic powder
1tsp curry powder
2tsp kosher salt
1tsp black pepper

Directions
1. Pre-heat oven to 400* and lightly grease small baking sheet w/vegetable oil. Set aside
2. Trim base of cauliflower. Remove green leaves and woody stem.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
4. Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)
5. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30-40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad.

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    a cauliflower recipe thanks! It actually sounds pretty good I am going to try this one.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I will be making tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Wow - a cauliflower recipe that I would actually eat!

And it's not a 'fake-pizza' recipe. :laugh: Cheers OP - TFS!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Luxleo
    Luxleo Posts: 21
    Options
    I want to try this. :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This is the proper way to post a cauliflower recipe.....

Thanks for sharing, OP... and thanks for not trying to turn this vegetable into something it isn't (like bread-sticks, ice cream, hot dogs, pizza, lasagna, fried rice, pancakes, etc).
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Wow - a cauliflower recipe that I would actually eat!

And it's not a 'fake-pizza' recipe. :laugh: Cheers OP - TFS!:drinker: :drinker:

darn thought i would be first! :drinker:
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I made this the other night. It was kind of "meh". The crust was pretty good, but once you got past that, it was just plain old cauliflower.

It gets points for presentation, but if you're going for flavor, you'd be better served tossing florets in the sauce and roasting them instead.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Hummmm. Cauliflower as cauliflower? Nawww, that'll never work . . .
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. I'm going to try this!
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I would consider feeding this to me.

Thanks!
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This looks great! I am always looking for vegetarian dishes with actual flavor. I will try this out!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Now that sounds yummy, I bet you could add veggie stock and blend it into a soup.
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • malteaser46
    Options
    oh yum... im constantly looking for cauliflower recipes because lets face it.. its bland on its own! I came across a picture on pinintrest but could not find a recipe of buffalo style cauliflower.. but when i googled it i just found battered cauliflower and thats really against my taste. would love to find it! ah well.... cheers for this x
  • cjd1029
    Options
    bump
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it sounds delicious!
  • Gatubela01
    Gatubela01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ha! I am a firm believer in that when it's pizza time, it's GOOD pizza time! If I stay on track all week, I'm gonna go for the gold and grab a delicious slice at the end of the week (after a good run, of course!). I love this recipe. The best part is that I always have tons of leftover low-fat dip I can use with other veggies.
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    looks great!