2 Pounds a Week

Options
So I started off with a goal if 1 pound a week, after week one I felt comfortable moving it up to 1.5 pounds. I'm considering aiming for 2 pounds a week now. Am I taking on too much? Would 1 pound be the healthier choice?

Replies

• brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2 pounds per week, i def think it's manageable. Go for it!
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. If you only have 20 or 30 lbs to lose a 1/2 to 1 lbs loss is a better goal.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much weight you have to lose. If you have a lot to lose, like myself, two lbs per week is totally realistic. If you are closer to goal, then probably not.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you only have 15 lbs to lose. If that is accurate, I would think 0.5 lb/week would be more appropriate. I believe that will also help in your transition to maintenance.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    2 lbs per week is only appropriate for people who have 75 lbs, or more, to lose.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    You're not that big. Aim for .75-1 pound a week and by the time summer rolls around you'll be right where you want to be.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I set mine on 2#'s to start off with and for the past month have ate at a 750-1100 calories deficit and I've lost a few inches but no pounds. I am changing and going to start eating more. I think we all want fast results but I feel like if I had started off a month ago with a lesser deficit I would be further ahead than I am right now.
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Very doable and I am a female in my mid 50's with relatively little weight to loose. I have lost 3.5 kg in three weeks and now weigh 60kg. This includes any muscle I may have added due to running up stairs, swimming etc. My goal is 56kg which is the extreme low end for my 5'7.5" frame, but I am determined to fit into all my clothes comfortably. My weight gain came primarily from comfort eating and no/little exercise due to needing to rest for a few months following strain injury. I keep shaking up my carb, calorie and food intake to keep my metabolism as close to a natural hunter and gatherer circumstance. So mostly it is lean but every now and then I plan excess calories as one would imagine following a successful hunt. Conversely there are also days where I fast and drink only water. Sounds a bit crazy but it works for me. I also advise drinking lots of green tea and dandelion root tea, including lecithin granules, turmeric, and other fat emulsifying and anti inflammatory foods and spices, probiotics, and B complex and multi vitamins. All the best.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You're not that big. Aim for .75-1 pound a week and by the time summer rolls around you'll be right where you want to be.

I agree with this, it's the healthiest and most sustainable way to go.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do what makes you comfortable instead of listening to what others think? Try being a little more aggressive for a week and see how you fare. You might hate it. It's all about you though. We are all too different to compare. When I was younger I could lose two pounds in a week with no problem. Now I'd have to cut off my foot and shave my head to lose two pounds in a week.