Options
    So many great transformations! :flowerforyou:
  • b2kelly
    Options
    My personal favorite is Amistad.
  • amandahowze1
    amandahowze1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow... You did great!!!! I don't have much of a success story to post yet. But I'm getting there.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine pointed out that while i had posted in this thread before it got locked, i hadn't posted an actual success story. my bad, as for some reason i was thinking this was African American women success stories, but i stand corrected. since i haven't reached my goal i won't call this a success story, but i guess i can post my progress story.

here's me, running around 290 pounds, wearing some jeans that i bought large but ended up fitting like stretch pants as i gained more and more weight.

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

here's me, holding my then 6 month old daughter, wearing a shirt that i loathed, but was the only shirt i owned that fit.

I15MKLb.jpg?1

i tried a bunch of BS to lose weight. crash diets, weight loss pills, meal replacements, alli (DO NOT TRY ALLI) to no avail. i was considering expensive weight loss meal plans or even surgery. i just figured that i had tried everything and that nothing but the most drastic measures would work.

but then......i found mfp. i created an account, put in my data, and started eating to whatever my calorie goal was ( i think 2200 at the time). i started exercising on the regular, even tho i was waaaaay to out of shape to run. i couldn't make it to the end of my block without feeling like i was gonna die. hell, i couldn't make it past 3 houses without stopping. so i walked. and lifted. and ate up to my calorie goal each day. and ate back exercise calories. and ate the foods i loved, which included at least 5 McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders each and every week.

and you know what? it worked.

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

remember me in them tight *kitten*, catsuit-looking jeans? i had to give those jeans away to charity because they had 10 inches of slack in the waist. here's me trying on a new pair

dGrDdTx.jpg

the fat guy that hates running and couldn't run a single block trained his *kitten* off for 6 months and completed a 13 mile Tough Mudder course. i got hurt, but my team full full MFP Badasses dragged and pushed me all the way to the end.

5R84rur.jpg?1

oh, and my daughter is 6 years old now.

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

anyhoo, i hope what you take from this (whoever you are and whatever your race, ethnicity, sex, religion or home planet of origin may be) is that you can succeed here. the site has it's problems, but it works. the forums have their problems, but they work too. there's tons of fantastic information on here if you're willing to listen. there's also tons of terrible information if you're willing to be gullible. so listen and don't be gullible. and don't fall into the trap where you think that just because the person giving you advice is in shape that they couldn't possibly know the problems you face.
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Total lose of 65 lbs!! Still have a ways to go. Add me :)

734763_582090839187_956534827_n_zpsc91ee27f.jpg

40f5c422-4fc8-489d-ab4a-06f9e8d37b45_zpsd74aa585.jpg
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine pointed out that while i had posted in this thread before it got locked, i hadn't posted an actual success story. my bad, as for some reason i was thinking this was African American women success stories, but i stand corrected. since i haven't reached my goal i won't call this a success story, but i guess i can post my progress story.

here's me, running around 290 pounds, wearing some jeans that i bought large but ended up fitting like stretch pants as i gained more and more weight.

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

here's me, holding my then 6 month old daughter, wearing a shirt that i loathed, but was the only shirt i owned that fit.

I15MKLb.jpg?1

i tried a bunch of BS to lose weight. crash diets, weight loss pills, meal replacements, alli (DO NOT TRY ALLI) to no avail. i was considering expensive weight loss meal plans or even surgery. i just figured that i had tried everything and that nothing but the most drastic measures would work.

but then......i found mfp. i created an account, put in my data, and started eating to whatever my calorie goal was ( i think 2200 at the time). i started exercising on the regular, even tho i was waaaaay to out of shape to run. i couldn't make it to the end of my block without feeling like i was gonna die. hell, i couldn't make it past 3 houses without stopping. so i walked. and lifted. and ate up to my calorie goal each day. and ate back exercise calories. and ate the foods i loved, which included at least 5 McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders each and every week.

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

remember me in them tight *kitten*, catsuit-looking jeans? i had to give those jeans away to charity because they had 10 inches of slack in the waist. here's me trying on a new pair

dGrDdTx.jpg

the fat guy that hates running and couldn't run a single block trained his *kitten* off for 6 months and completed a 13 mile Tough Mudder course. i got hurt, but my team full full MFP Badasses dragged and pushed me all the way to the end.

5R84rur.jpg?1

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

anyhoo, i hope what you take from this (whoever you are and whatever your race, ethnicity, sex, religion or home planet of origin may be) is that you can succeed here. the site has it's problems, but it works. the forums have their problems, but they work too. there's tons of fantastic information on here if you're willing to listen. there's also tons of terrible information if you're willing to be gullible. so listen and don't be gullible. and don't fall into the trap where you think that just because the person giving you advice is in shape that they couldn't possibly know the problems you face.

Awesome job!!!
  • amandahowze1
    Options
    Wow. You look like a completely different person. Congrats on your success. And your daughter is a cutie.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

I15MKLb.jpg?1

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

dGrDdTx.jpg

5R84rur.jpg?1

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

Alright folks, the thread has hit its awesome cap. Everyone just go home.

Amazing story with amazing results. :drinker:
  • amandahowze1
    Options
    I agree. We as african American women have different body types. So it's good to success stories of people with those similarities. No racism at all. I also enjoy everyone else's stories as well.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

I15MKLb.jpg?1

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

dGrDdTx.jpg

5R84rur.jpg?1

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

Those pictures with your daughter make me feel like it might be inappropriate to really say what i'm thinking.

So..uhm..great job!

156711.gif
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Let's take a magical journey down what I like to call "The path of being less of a fatbutt" as told in pictures.

165 pounds and drunk. Not cute
    MPT0fXZ.jpg?1

Somewhere between 155 and 160.

1lvLFMU.jpg
    41wMf5Y.jpg?1
    UnCKyuk.jpg?1

Around 147
    sEHNi53.jpg?1
    kPwIn4I.jpg?2
    zKEFgY7.jpg?1

Around 140 (bad pictures are bad)

vLthDlY.jpg?1
    8aSANKn.jpg?1

Still trucking along. So more in progress than success.

Oh, wow! :love:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sorry not sure what I did to make the other photos disappear.

60525f48-2ff2-4f4f-8845-ba8ab6983114_zpsfc9dc900.jpg

100_0548_zps43f180fd.jpg

006_zps0ce81a4c.jpg

193181e3-36b8-480f-b035-11748f21c8a7_zps9c840922.jpg

MFP Rockstar! :drinker:
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

I15MKLb.jpg?1

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

dGrDdTx.jpg

5R84rur.jpg?1

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

Fantastic success story.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

I15MKLb.jpg?1

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

dGrDdTx.jpg

5R84rur.jpg?1

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

Wow never seen a before of you um before, awesome!!!
    HCW1rNA.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Let's take a magical journey down what I like to call "The path of being less of a fatbutt" as told in pictures.

MPT0fXZ.jpg?1

1lvLFMU.jpg
    41wMf5Y.jpg?1
    UnCKyuk.jpg?1

Around 147
    sEHNi53.jpg?1
    kPwIn4I.jpg?2
    zKEFgY7.jpg?1

vLthDlY.jpg?1
    8aSANKn.jpg?1

:love: :love:

I dunno, I think 165 pounds and drunk is kind of cute.

I am also happy to see this thread back. I hope it stays unhidden and drama free.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    [snipped a bunch of awesomeness]

Awesome work.

:drinker:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

I15MKLb.jpg?1

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

dGrDdTx.jpg

5R84rur.jpg?1

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

In for all of this sexiness and more. :smokin:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

MPT0fXZ.jpg?1

1lvLFMU.jpg
    41wMf5Y.jpg?1
    UnCKyuk.jpg?1

Around 147
    sEHNi53.jpg?1
    kPwIn4I.jpg?2
    zKEFgY7.jpg?1

vLthDlY.jpg?1
    8aSANKn.jpg?1

:love: :love:

I dunno, I think 165 pounds and drunk is kind of cute.

I am also happy to see this thread back. I hope it stays unhidden and drama free.

DITTO TO BOTH STATEMENTS!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!