Green Tea?

Options
Hi guys-

I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it my search. Its freezing in my office and I keep drinking hot green tea to stay warm. Sometimes caffinated, sometimes decaf. Can this count towards my water for the day? I never know what counts as water and what doesn't. Thank you!!

Replies

• healthieryear
    healthieryear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Was asking this same question myself! After searching I found a thread here about the same thing:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1174064-green-tea?hl=green+tea#posts-18340292

Seems like many people do count it towards their water intake :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't something that's 99.99999% water count as water?
  • bettynotfatty
    bettynotfatty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Of course it counts, but of course... don't drink too much. Too much of anything is bad, including water!
  • healthieryear
    Options
    Why wouldn't something that's 99.99999% water count as water?

I assumed it probably would, but I wanted to double check. Better to be safe than sorry or whatever :)
  • ryah1269
    Options
    Green tea is great.
    Water intake should be 1/2oz per lb of body weight a day.

So if someone weighed 200lbs their daily water intake should be 100oz. This includes green tea. :smile:
  • healthieryear
    Options
    Cool, I didn't know that!

Definitely need to be drinking more water.

When I had a terrible diet, I would drink so much pop every day and then another 2 litres of water on top of that. I was constantly thirsty (my blood sugar was probably high from all the pop and I ate tons of salty chips too). Now that I'm eating way better, I'm barely thirsty and its such a struggle to get my intake of water! I've taken to drinking from my water bottle at red lights to/from work just to make sure I get enough haha.