113 llbs lost & 6 llbs Gained in 8 months - (with pics)

Options
Hey folks

I done a progress post a few months ago but somehow managed to mess up the pictures so this is my second attempt and I had to write about my journey so far so I never forget where I came from!

Below is me over various periods in my life spanning back 8 years....... I was fat as you can see and I have no excuses for it other than I was a lazy person who didn't move much and loved food...

37981698-2502-4C85-84DA-25DF5B395F82_zpsa0hr4mbs.jpg

I was athletic in my youth and had a great strong figure I thanked to Swimming and gymnastics but an horrific accident destroyed that and I had to regain my leg use and muscle form which took about 2 years.... they weren't confident I would walk again never-mind train at a professional level so during my recovery I gained weight and up until April 2013 never really stopped..

It wasn't like some dramatic life change happened that made me decide to get off my *kitten*, i just looked in the mirror one day and was so disgusted by what looked back that I grabbed my gym stuff and went the gym ( had been a member for years and never been )

I stood out like a sore thumb in my local Virgin, all these gorgeous fantastic fit people with amazing bodies but I didn't care! That was going to be me one day and from that day forth I changed my life. I signed up for PT, started going to classes ( even though I was terrified ) and 8 months down the line I've never looked back!

Below was me at a wedding 2 years ago now and the right was me 3 months ago..

photo5_zpsa460f826.jpg

This was me at The Plaze NYC for my 30th Birthday and the left was me 3 weeks ago - scary that I used to look like that ...

606f5402-13be-464b-bb7f-9e7cc7e2cba8_zpsd38c8a09.jpg

Below are some full body shots of my change... April 2013 I was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life at over 300llbs the pic on the end was taken on Saturday night so...

01EAFC18-F863-4428-9125-FAC63B1C2C46_zps20cmndzl.jpg

43DA1789-5E8F-46D9-AF2B-AC2D2151C96E_zpsk5aou6z8.jpg

9539DA56-4FBE-4978-A082-71D72776F40C_zpsajpkpgmu.jpg

7618F173-B2D6-4DE4-847D-0D1B22C6FBF8_zpsdcl96c8s.jpg

I started with my worst pics and shall end on my best lol

BF627980-ADA0-42AE-9DE1-59997087A0DC_zpskiblzen8.jpg

I was at a hen weekend this weekend and have gained 6llbs in a week but I am guessing that will be partly water weight however its a fantastic reminder that when I take my eye off the game for even a minute!! there are consequences and to me there is no better lesson....

I've used this website religiously for the the endurance of my weight loss journey and shall continue to do so because its a lifestyle change for me, its not a diet, its not a weight loss program because, to me, that crap doesn't work! I've achieved this through changing up my diet ( still working on that btw, you check my diary and you'll see kebabs and Big Macs present ) and EXERCISE!!! That's it! You want it bad enough and it will happen for you!

The mind is the most powerful tool you have in your arsenal, once you get that focused the rest of the body catches up quickly!! You need to do it for yourself or whats the point!!

I still have about 30/40llbs to go so I'm not finished yet and this little blip in my journey is a fantastic motivator to never forgot how quickly the hard work can disappear ..

Believe in yourself folks.....its that easy!!

Thank you for having a look xx

Char x:flowerforyou:

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Great job, you're looking great!
  • dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You look great! and much younger now! Great progress:smile:
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation. You look years younger too. Well done :smile:
  • nehmon
    nehmon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing Work. You really are doing well. And i assume too that the 6lbs would be waterweight.
    Keep the good Work, really impressiv and motivating.
  • shell13b
    shell13b Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are definitely an inspiration! Congrats on you weight loss and thank you so much for your post! :flowerforyou:
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Hello my friend... You look amazing.
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Damm --what a transformation. You have accomplished so very much!!:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks, the pictures worked this time so I don't look daft lol
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You have lost 113lbs and 20 years :) you look fab!
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome story!! Thanks for sharing with us. You look GREAT!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are fantastic! Just the boost I needed this morning. A reminder that the mind is powerful! thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look awesome! Congratulations!
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You don't need me to say this but as my Scottish Sista and great friend I am so, so proud of you. You are inspirational and gorgeous, and yes, I'd do ya!!! xx
  • Middlesexgirl
    Middlesexgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great. Makes me feel more confident about the 28 pounds I have to loose! Well done:)
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    You don't need me to say this but as my Scottish Sista and great friend I am so, so proud of you. You are inspirational and gorgeous, and yes, I'd do ya!!! xx
    ]

LMAO!!! Thanks Sam!!! not blushing AT ALLLLLLLLLLLL:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Your journey so far is very inspiring. The work and the progress you made is great and I know for you is well worth how long its taken and all the pain throughout.

You look fantastic!!! Great Job and never give up!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and as they have said so much younger...You should be very proud of what you have accomplished! Great work! :drinker:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING !!! Thank you so much for sharing and giving us hope to get to the end of our own rainbow :)
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Charlene! Your are simply amazing!! A GREAT inspiration indeed! Muah! xoxo
  • TeeJayInc
    TeeJayInc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Stay motivated!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!