Tried doing this alone... Now think I may need support.

Options
I am not a huge fan of social networking sites etc. so when I joined MFP before (under another username... long story) I tried to do it without a group of friends, just trusting myself to log etc.

Now I am realizing that maybe that isn't the best idea. I need accountability and people who are checking up on what I am doing. Hopefully this post will get me some of that. So a little about me:

I am 5' 5" and currently fluctuate between 136 and 140 lbs. I had lost weight from 165 to 135 and was really happy with my progress but then I lost my fight to get down to my ultimate goal weight. I stopped calorie counting and crept up a little. I don't want that to result in going all the way back up to 165!!

I am a gym member and try to visit between 3 and 4 times a week. I also have a joint problem which means occasional flare ups can halt me from working out for weeks. I am just getting over one and am due to get back to the gym today. I need support to make healthy food choices, ditch the regular junk food and make good on my plan. My ultimate goal weight is 118 lbs but I will review that with time. Also I will keep my diary both public and honest. I have filled out a week before really starting this to see what bad habits I really need to work on so please any advice I will actually listen to.

My exercise interests are in weights and running mostly, but I love variety. Please feel free to tell me a bit about yourselves too and lets see if we can help each other?

Laurenyia

Replies

• Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of social networking sites etc. so when I joined MFP before (under another username... long story) I tried to do it without a group of friends, just trusting myself to log etc.

Now I am realizing that maybe that isn't the best idea. I need accountability and people who are checking up on what I am doing. Hopefully this post will get me some of that. So a little about me:

I am 5' 5" and currently fluctuate between 136 and 140 lbs. I had lost weight from 165 to 135 and was really happy with my progress but then I lost my fight to get down to my ultimate goal weight. I stopped calorie counting and crept up a little. I don't want that to result in going all the way back up to 165!!

I am a gym member and try to visit between 3 and 4 times a week. I also have a joint problem which means occasional flare ups can halt me from working out for weeks. I am just getting over one and am due to get back to the gym today. I need support to make healthy food choices, ditch the regular junk food and make good on my plan. My ultimate goal weight is 118 lbs but I will review that with time. Also I will keep my diary both public and honest. I have filled out a week before really starting this to see what bad habits I really need to work on so please any advice I will actually listen to.

My exercise interests are in weights and running mostly, but I love variety. Please feel free to tell me a bit about yourselves too and lets see if we can help each other?

Laurenyia

Feel free to add me - I am on MFP daily. I recommend you join a challenge group that fits your interest - it's a quick way to make friends here.. I joined a 100 day challenge at the beginning of the year and friended a handful of people in the group to build a support community and to keep myself accountable on sticking to a plan. It's made a world of difference for me to be able share in our respective journeys....I am on pace with my challenge goal of losing 15 lbs with an ultimate goal of losing 30 lbs. Like you, I love variety in my workouts - try to mix it up between dance cardio/Zumba and wallyball (volleyball inside a racquetball court) with occasional yoga and weight training. My diary is open to friends.

Look forward to staying in touch :happy:
  • lorenacoy9
    Options
    Im 23 i lost round 72 pounds i had gained from my kids now im skinnier than befor kids im 5'8 at 133 to 130 it changes i sugest u do cardio befor weight training it worked for me and then tone after i do 80 mins a day 4 days a week no i started at 20 n then up 6 days a week im down to a good weight so i maintain 4 days a week just watch ur intake over time u can caculate in ur head puff the bat
  • jguidroz
    jguidroz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me. I am 5'2 and have been on here a long time. I started at 165 got down to 135. I still log daily but with current events in my life (seperation, buying a new home, and insomina) my motivation has been dwindling and gym time has been non existent. Like you I also go it alone and it's easy to not track properly in days I am not feeling it. Feel free to add me we can help each other.