Options

Replies

• V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't know why my photo went blank.

But here is my progress so far.

48424913_8795_zps212dbdbf.jpg

Wow. Only 43lbs, you look like you lost a lot more than that. You're beautiful too, great job.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Can I just say ..... apologies for offending anyone with my own views yesterday.

I appreciate the good seeing these before and after pictures do. You DO look amazing and it's lovely to see the achievements by you lovely ladies.

Cheerio! :-)
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I peaked at 204 pounds at 23 years old. I had been struggling ever since I had my daughter to get rid of it and I am still in progress but I am down to 180 pounds.

Not a pic of my highest but almost:

314751_10150292068556401_1206868_n.jpg

and here I am at 180 pounds

?ui=2&ik=90afa205aa&view=att&th=143f85e652678df5&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1

I still have 30-35 more pounds to lose but I am so please with myself. -24 lbs in 2 months to the day!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I agree. We as african American women have different body types. So it's good to success stories of people with those similarities. No racism at all. I also enjoy everyone else's stories as well.
    Amazing job guys! I don't find this thread offensive. I just wish it was a little more inclusive considering not all Blacks on MFP are African American.

Some people don't like the use of the word blacks and so, as MFP is based in America and most of it's user base will be American it's a term that can be used without potential offense. I'm sure the OP won't have you tossed out for being British or African or Canadian.

Well. Maybe Canadian.

Exactly,
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Don't really have the patience to figure out how to post photos, but I started a couple of years ago at around 265lbs, my profile pic is shortly after I completed my first round of FocusT25 a few months ago. Have continued to tone since. Hope to finally post a real success story soon.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine pointed out that while i had posted in this thread before it got locked, i hadn't posted an actual success story. my bad, as for some reason i was thinking this was African American women success stories, but i stand corrected. since i haven't reached my goal i won't call this a success story, but i guess i can post my progress story.

here's me, running around 290 pounds, wearing some jeans that i bought large but ended up fitting like stretch pants as i gained more and more weight.

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

here's me, holding my then 6 month old daughter, wearing a shirt that i loathed, but was the only shirt i owned that fit.

I15MKLb.jpg?1

i tried a bunch of BS to lose weight. crash diets, weight loss pills, meal replacements, alli (DO NOT TRY ALLI) to no avail. i was considering expensive weight loss meal plans or even surgery. i just figured that i had tried everything and that nothing but the most drastic measures would work.

but then......i found mfp. i created an account, put in my data, and started eating to whatever my calorie goal was ( i think 2200 at the time). i started exercising on the regular, even tho i was waaaaay to out of shape to run. i couldn't make it to the end of my block without feeling like i was gonna die. hell, i couldn't make it past 3 houses without stopping. so i walked. and lifted. and ate up to my calorie goal each day. and ate back exercise calories. and ate the foods i loved, which included at least 5 McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders each and every week.

and you know what? it worked.

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

remember me in them tight *kitten*, catsuit-looking jeans? i had to give those jeans away to charity because they had 10 inches of slack in the waist. here's me trying on a new pair

dGrDdTx.jpg

the fat guy that hates running and couldn't run a single block trained his *kitten* off for 6 months and completed a 13 mile Tough Mudder course. i got hurt, but my team full full MFP Badasses dragged and pushed me all the way to the end.

5R84rur.jpg?1

oh, and my daughter is 6 years old now.

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

anyhoo, i hope what you take from this (whoever you are and whatever your race, ethnicity, sex, religion or home planet of origin may be) is that you can succeed here. the site has it's problems, but it works. the forums have their problems, but they work too. there's tons of fantastic information on here if you're willing to listen. there's also tons of terrible information if you're willing to be gullible. so listen and don't be gullible. and don't fall into the trap where you think that just because the person giving you advice is in shape that they couldn't possibly know the problems you face.

DAMN Dave - Nice work!!
  • Supadoopafly
    Options
    I agree. We as african American women have different body types. So it's good to success stories of people with those similarities. No racism at all. I also enjoy everyone else's stories as well.
    Amazing job guys! I don't find this thread offensive. I just wish it was a little more inclusive considering not all Blacks on MFP are African American.

Some people don't like the use of the word blacks and so, as MFP is based in America and most of it's user base will be American it's a term that can be used without potential offense. I'm sure the OP won't have you tossed out for being British or African or Canadian.

Well. Maybe Canadian.

Exactly,

I think the term African American is used in lieu of "black", I don't think it is meant to exclude.

Americans, please correct me if I'm wrong, but over the years I've come to this conclusion. I have friends who think the term "black" is offensive and use the term "coloured" instead!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Well. Maybe Canadian.

Exactly,

I think the term African American is used in lieu of "black", I don't think it is meant to exclude.

Americans, please correct me if I'm wrong, but over the years I've come to this conclusion. I have friends who think the term "black" is offensive and use the term "coloured" instead!

STAP.

This thread is for success stories. Move this convo to to PMs or groups or somewhere else.
  • Supadoopafly
    Options
    What does "STAP" mean?
  • Supadoopafly
    Options

Well. Maybe Canadian.

Exactly,

STAP.

This thread is for success stories. Move this convo to to PMs or groups or somewhere else.

What does the acronym "STAP" mean?

I think I was trying to say the title isn't meant to exclude black people from other places just because it's has "African American" in the title. I think it's pretty relevant.

Anyways ...
  • Supadoopafly
    Options
    a friend of mine pointed out that while i had posted in this thread before it got locked, i hadn't posted an actual success story. my bad, as for some reason i was thinking this was African American women success stories, but i stand corrected. since i haven't reached my goal i won't call this a success story, but i guess i can post my progress story.

here's me, running around 290 pounds, wearing some jeans that i bought large but ended up fitting like stretch pants as i gained more and more weight.

a2cz2CP.jpg?1

here's me, holding my then 6 month old daughter, wearing a shirt that i loathed, but was the only shirt i owned that fit.

I15MKLb.jpg?1

i tried a bunch of BS to lose weight. crash diets, weight loss pills, meal replacements, alli (DO NOT TRY ALLI) to no avail. i was considering expensive weight loss meal plans or even surgery. i just figured that i had tried everything and that nothing but the most drastic measures would work.

but then......i found mfp. i created an account, put in my data, and started eating to whatever my calorie goal was ( i think 2200 at the time). i started exercising on the regular, even tho i was waaaaay to out of shape to run. i couldn't make it to the end of my block without feeling like i was gonna die. hell, i couldn't make it past 3 houses without stopping. so i walked. and lifted. and ate up to my calorie goal each day. and ate back exercise calories. and ate the foods i loved, which included at least 5 McDonald's Double Quarter Pounders each and every week.

and you know what? it worked.

here's me semi-recently.

DQL67iJ.jpg?2

remember me in them tight *kitten*, catsuit-looking jeans? i had to give those jeans away to charity because they had 10 inches of slack in the waist. here's me trying on a new pair

dGrDdTx.jpg

the fat guy that hates running and couldn't run a single block trained his *kitten* off for 6 months and completed a 13 mile Tough Mudder course. i got hurt, but my team full full MFP Badasses dragged and pushed me all the way to the end.

5R84rur.jpg?1

oh, and my daughter is 6 years old now.

xGCYSEn.jpg?1

anyhoo, i hope what you take from this (whoever you are and whatever your race, ethnicity, sex, religion or home planet of origin may be) is that you can succeed here. the site has it's problems, but it works. the forums have their problems, but they work too. there's tons of fantastic information on here if you're willing to listen. there's also tons of terrible information if you're willing to be gullible. so listen and don't be gullible. and don't fall into the trap where you think that just because the person giving you advice is in shape that they couldn't possibly know the problems you face.

Very very nice work. Well done :-))))
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

What does the acronym "STAP" mean?

I think I was trying to say the title isn't meant to exclude black people from other places just because it's has "African American" in the title. I think it's pretty relevant.

Anyways ...

Stop means quit derailing this thread. It is for success stories not philosophical debate. It's already been hidden with these types of comments removed once already.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Still working on my goals. (terrible at posting pics)

a5f5848d-146e-4f5b-8df1-d9812fa2b6ae.jpg
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    SW:212
    CW: 162
    GW: 150

I'm 5.7. The last picture was from about 3 weeks ago around 166lbs. I wont post any updated photos until I get to goal. But here goes....

218a19ad-adfe-499c-b2ff-439b34858d66_zps2b37d8c4.png

Fantastic progress!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Lots of motivating pics. Keep up the good work ladies & gents.
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    Love It! Great job on everyone's success!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't know why my photo went blank.

But here is my progress so far.

48424913_8795_zps212dbdbf.jpg

Sovi, looking very pretty.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Olivia...thank you; ladies carry on! Carry on meaning, have fun, enjoy, and congrats.
  • huzuri
    huzuri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm only down about 25.2 lbs. But here is a before and current/progress

I'm 5'2
    SW - 283
    CW - 257.8
    Age - 30

d37dda5a-c1f3-43cc-90f0-e10ee9b1fbb7_zps6f222838.jpg

e4582a9f-0b38-4e5e-9a0f-1f1ac6f1f1af_zps80766afe.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm only down about 25.2 lbs. But here is a before and current/progress

I'm 5'2
    SW - 283
    CW - 257.8
    Age - 30

d37dda5a-c1f3-43cc-90f0-e10ee9b1fbb7_zps6f222838.jpg

Nothing "only" about it. Amazing progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!