Wireless bras for larger sizes

Options
jevoyager
jevoyager Posts: 59 Member
So I pretty much cannot stand underwires, and hoping someone has a good suggestion from the usual wire free bras I wear. I've been wearing LB's cotton no wire bras, and they're ok, but feel like I could be better supported. What they are great for is keeping things where they should be when I'm out doing field work and lifting/carrying/bending over etc. I tried one of their molded cotton wire free, which the sales lady said should offer better support and I liked it well enough, but those became a no go the first time I bent over to pick up a box :noway: Part of the problem seems to be finding one that provides support for larger cup size (DDD), especially if you have a smaller band size (36/38), and I stay in it when moving around. Underwires are a no go for me, as they dig into my ribcage (I have like no padding where the band goes around, and my ribcage kinda protrudes out so it hurts regardless - I've tried on several types/styles and they all kill me wearing more than an hour). I really hope someone will have some suggestions!

Replies

• Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Those plug in bras must be a real hassle.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    If you have no padding at 36/38 band I suspect you're wearing the wrong size. That is not actually a very small band. I know women dealing with 30G etc. Go and get fitted and they will be a lot more comfortable. :flowerforyou:
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I hate when my wireless bra won't connect to the internet!!!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Try moving the router?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If you have no padding at 36/38 band I suspect you're wearing the wrong size. That is not actually a very small band. I know women dealing with 30G etc. Go and get fitted and they will be a lot more comfortable. :flowerforyou:

^ YES.

OP, 36 and 38 are not actually smaller band sizes at all. DDD isn't a tremendously huge cup size.

If you have troubles with bras, and think you are a 36 or 38DDD, I definitely recommend measuring yourself and/or getting professionally fitted at a good boutique or a Nordstrom. Victoria's Secret or Frederick's are NOT the place to get fitted.

Underwires shouldn't dig into your ribcage. If they do, you're in the wrong-size bra. Similarly, underwires are not necessary to good support. A well fitting bra, even a soft cup, can help lift and support if it's *the right size.*

Once you know your proper size, you can then figure out where to go for good bras.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    apparently my two antennas aren't pointed in the right direction
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    apparently my two antennas aren't pointed in the right direction
    You didn't insert them into the correct orifice in your body.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    When you have a DDD+ cup size or larger, a 36/38 band is a bit of a rarity. I wear a 38E (DDD is the same thing in the States) and it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find bras 1. in a regular retail store that would fit properly 2. wirefree - nearly EVERYTHING in this size is underwire.

If you CAN get measured, do it. It will make a HUGE (har-har) difference in how bras fit and feel. I also go to shops (online and in person) that I know will accommodate "the girls", so to speak. I like Bravissimo - they have a "perfect fit guide" that is very helpful.

I do agree that if underwires hurt, you're most likely NOT wearing the right size - they shouldn't poke or pinch you at all.

Try Bravissimo's guide (they're in the UK, but they serve US customers):
    http://www.bravissimo.com/perfectfit/getting-the-perfect-fit/

Edited: Spelling sucks.

Good luck.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Seconded. Plus, if you had issues picking something up, you're *definitely* wearing the wrong size. Get fitted, or have someone help you measure. Try a nicer department store if you don't have a specialty bra store around, they will fit you for free. Life is so much easier in the right bra size. :)

If you still need wireless bras, try OneStopPlus - they do larger sizes, in several wireless styles, somewhat cheaply. When I was still 44F, I used them as running bras.
  • shirleyh1946
    shirleyh1946 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had those awful Bras from V.S. and I hated them. So after wearing them for a couple yrs. (expensive) I felt I was fitted wrong. I went to JCPenny's and a women there measured me. V.S. did measure right. She introduced me to a Wireless Bra that is Awesome. Plus it was half the cost of V.S. =Vanity Fair and I LOVE it. Try finding 42-44 C???? Believe me it's hard!!
    Anyway-Good Luck.:smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 36H:

For wireless everyday use I use...

http://www.lanebryant.com/cotton-no-wire-bra/p31347/index.pro

in 38G.....solo for everyday, sometimes even for sleep, and then double up under a tank top "run" bra for running.

You're welcome.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Also WiFi jokes are funny. Sloshy bewbs are not. Neither are black eyes and ogling while running.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 36H:

in 38G.....solo for everyday, sometimes even for sleep, and then double up under a tank top "run" bra for running.

You're welcome.
    I'm confused... Their size guide says your bra size is your *band* size plus your cup size. I'd always thought it was your *bust* size plus your cup size. Very few places have 31F bras that I've ever seen... Maybe this is unique to Lane Bryant?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Checking in at 36H:

You're welcome.
    I'm confused... Their size guide says your bra size is your *band* size plus your cup size. I'd always thought it was your *bust* size plus your cup size. Very few places have 31F bras that I've ever seen... Maybe this is unique to Lane Bryant?

band is usually the thing. at least the stores i've gone to. i've been measured UNDER my bust at the rib cage at Nordstrom, Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret, Macy's. So that's the "band". Then when they measure at the largest part of the bust that number's bigger. Then when they subtract the two numbers, the resulting number indicates the cup size.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    LOL fullster your description made me think of this...

9252300-two-blue-coffee-cups-stacked-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    shock absorber has a pretty good wireless sports bra.

i have no idea about regular bras because i've never seen a supportive PRETTY non wire bra for my size (around 34hh). all my bras have to be pretty, i make exceptions for sports bras but not for everyday bras
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

i have no idea about regular bras because i've never seen a supportive PRETTY non wire bra for my size (around 34hh). all my bras have to be pretty, i make exceptions for sports bras but not for everyday bras

QFT. When I wanna be pretty, I have to take off my bra.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    Checking in at 36H:

You're welcome.

band is usually the thing. at least the stores i've gone to. i've been measured UNDER my bust at the rib cage at Nordstrom, Lane Bryant, Victoria Secret, Macy's. So that's the "band". Then when they measure at the largest part of the bust that number's bigger. Then when they subtract the two numbers, the resulting number indicates the cup size.
    Wonder if that has changed from, like, 15-20 years ago when I learned to do it, and the only reason you did the under-bust measure was to figure out the cup size.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    LOL fullster your description made me think of this...

9252300-two-blue-coffee-cups-stacked-isolated-on-white-background.jpg
    I give up. Why's that?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options

QFT. When I wanna be scary, I have to take off my bra.
    :laugh: Edited to describe myself.