Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing 80 lbs

I am currently 230 lbs. My goal is to lose 60-80 lbs by the end of July. I know it can be done if I do everything right. I have a good diet to follow, and I have a great work out partner that keeps me going. What I wanna know is, has anyone else out there done this? If you have, how did you stay motivated? There are days that I just don't want to do anything, let alone work out. I have a support group, but it's not a very large one, and no one has really done what I'm wanting to do. So anyone with positive advice would really be appreciated. And please, nothing negative. I have done the research, I know what is healthy and what isn't. I know how to accomplish it, I am just looking for advice from anyone else who may have done similar.

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Started at 231 on 1/21 -- weight today is 222 on 2/1 -- I have the same goal. 70ish pounds by July 31. Would love to be friends and help motivate each other. Please feel free to add me :)
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    i lost about 6olbs in the time frame your giving, i wasn't very good at working out, mainly just walking for first 3 months, then i started jog/walking 2-3 times a week for 40ish minutes, for the remainder of that time
    if i had worked out more or used different exercises it could have been do-able
    good luck x
  • Thanks everyone! I really hope I can accomplish this. If I don't make my goal by the time I want, I'm not going to give up. I would just really like to make it to that by then.
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    I don't have quite that much to lose; but I am always looking for friends that are accountable! I could really use some motivated people on my friends list, too! ..

So if you're up for a new friend...send me a request! :)
  • juliemorgan79
    juliemorgan79 Posts: 14 Member
    My weight loss goal is just about the same as yours :) Good luck! I find that having friends with open food diaries is helpful for ideas on eating. Feel free to add me!