Vegetarian it's not a STD

Options
2»

Replies

• susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    "an" STD

"...an Sexually Transmitted Disease..." — I don't think so, son.
    xoxox The Grammar Police.

If you're saying Ess Tee Dee you say 'an'. If you're saying 'sexually transmitted disease' you say 'a'.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    All i know is that "peas" make me feel dirty...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    There are a few active Vegetarian groups on MFP you might look to join :)
  • iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian if that's helpful at all, feel free to add me :)
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You know how you can tell vegetarians? It's tricky, but if you pay attention, THEY WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. :)

I'm sure there are non judgemental vegetarians out there. And I'm sure someday I'll meet one who does not insist on converting me from my evil, meat and dairy loving ways.
  • cinnamonkitty
    Options
    I live in a western big MEAT state and I know exactly how you feel. Sigh.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    You know how you can tell vegetarians? It's tricky, but if you pay attention, THEY WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. :)

I'm sure there are non judgemental vegetarians out there. And I'm sure someday I'll meet one who does not insist on converting me from my evil, meat and dairy loving ways.

I'd put money on you knowing vegetarians personally who you don't realize are vegetarians. Most of us that end up sticking with it long term don't want to tell everyone about it all the time any more than you want to tell everything about your diet preferences everytime you eat. They probably quietly order cheese pizza or a salad and don't feel the need to explain it to you.
  • RowanJ13
    Options

Your day has come. Hi. Nice to meet you. (Or, "meat" you?)
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "an" STD

"...an Sexually Transmitted Disease..." — I don't think so, son.
    xoxox The Grammar Police.

+1

except they typed STD and not sexually transmitted disease. so its AN s. not a S.
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    haha i hadn't noticed people came to my defense before i posted my reply.

w00t! for the win!
  • rachellouisa2014
    Options
    Hello!

I have been vegetarian for a few years now.
    I try to eat a vegan sort of diet, but will indulge in chocolate and cheese. I love making curries, soups, stews, and other veggie/vegan recipes from scratch.

I'm willing to be a veggie pal :)
  • rachellouisa2014
    Options
    To be honest with you, I try not to mention that I'm a vegetarian unless it actually comes up in conversation and I know the person well. For example 'would you like to come over for dinner?' 'yeah sure, but i'm vegetarian.'

If it has come up in conversation with people I don't really know well, I find that a lot of meat eaters will instantly attack you and call you stupid for not eating meat. Then they will list the reasons why you should eat meat. Then when you finally say something they try and tell you that you're preaching. So, I've had some bad experiences with it. Including being called an idiot! :(
  • SelfLoveMamma
    Options
    hey!

I'm doing the vegan thing! I want to see if it helps be feel better, health wise.

Anyone can add me!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It comes out at some point with most people. People will offer you food that isn't vegetarian, and you can't always say no thanks. I work at a resteraunt so there's always free food around and coworkers ask me to have some or try it so I have to tell them I don't eat meat or they'll keep offering. I don't tell customers, but if they ask what's good that is meat I just suggest whats most popular.