What is my body shape?

Options
Sorry I'm a n00b here.. don't judge if I posted it in the wrong sub forums!

My bust is 36, waist is 29 and hips 33 (when measured with centimeters and converted to inches)
When measured with inches I'm a bust 38, waist 30, and hips 34.

I'm also 5"2 and 153 pounds with a medium build.

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are an apple
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Fruit roll up.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I think your unit converter may be broken.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Fruit roll up.

:laugh:

I'm gonna go with inverted "v" shape... some call it "athletic" or you could be a rectangle.
  • fitfan11
    fitfan11 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    bodyshape is making me hungry
  • donut_mogel
    Options
    Fruit roll up.

I'm gonna go with inverted "v" shape... some call it "athletic" or you could be a rectangle.

That's very weird. I don't have an athletic shape at all and my waist looks quite defined in comparison to my hips and others have commented upon that as well.

body_shapes.png

I don't look like that apple shape either or inverted triangle. :S I took after my mother who was a classic hourglass shape. (thou I have my doubts at times lol)

I dunno. Maybe im measuring very wrong lol
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Loquat or Extreme Persimmon.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Fruit roll up.

That's very weird. I don't have an athletic shape at all and my waist looks quite defined in comparison to my hips and others have commented upon that as well.

body_shapes.png

I don't look like that apple shape either or inverted triangle. :S I took after my mother who was a classic hourglass shape. (thou I have my doubts at times lol)

Then why are you asking?
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Apple or straight /banana but it's difficult to tell when you're carrying extra weight as your body proportions will change with weight loss and increased physical activity.

For example - when I was swimming I was an apple, during college with little attention to diet I was straight/banana and now as I biker I'm a nice spoon.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I think your unit converter may be broken.

This
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Apple or straight /banana but it's difficult to tell when you're carrying extra weight as your body proportions will change with weight loss and increased physical activity.

For example - when I was swimming I was an apple, during college with little attention to diet I was straight/banana and now as I biker I'm a nice spoon.

I guess that's preferable to a mean spork or an unpleasant knife or something.

But since when is a spoon a fruit?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly, but what does whether we are an apple, pear, or watermelon matter? We can't change our basic shape, we can only make the best of what we have.
  • MsMacL
    MsMacL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds hour-glass.

Edited - maybe not.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    Fruit roll up.

body_shapes.png

Then why are you asking?

this.

Better still, stick with "fruit roll-up".
  • terisambowers
    Options
    Hi everybody new to my fitness pal I was a weight lifter in high school trying to get back into shape after having my youngest son I am now 285 wanting to be 170 again
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I would also go with inverted-V shape. A true hourglass is supposed to have 10 inches between the hips/bust and the waist measurement. You can stil have some curves and be an inverted-V and a rectangle.

The principle is that you want to emphasize or down play certain areas and the shape guidelines tells you what tricks will work for you. Thats all it really means. If you want to dress as if you are an hourglass, it may not be the most flattering look but you are welcome to do so. :flowerforyou:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    hour glass shaped as your waist comes in which defines your shape - pretty good measurements btw :)

ps I was your weight (same height) when I started with slightly bigger measurements then (was B38/W31/H40 and, I'm now B34/W27/H36 and I consider myself to be hourglass :)
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody new to my fitness pal I was a weight lifter in high school trying to get back into shape after having my youngest son I am now 285 wanting to be 170 again

How you just gon bust in with that...lolllzz
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    I would also go with inverted-V shape. A true hourglass is supposed to have 10 inches between the hips/bust and the waist measurement. You can stil have some curves and be an inverted-V and a rectangle.

The principle is that you want to emphasize or down play certain areas and the shape guidelines tells you what tricks will work for you. Thats all it really means. If you want to dress as if you are an hourglass, it may not be the most flattering look but you are welcome to do so. :flowerforyou:

I came up with the same conclusion as you for the same reasons.
    But she doesn't want to be "inverted v". she wants us to say "hourglass".
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Huh?

I thought this thread was a recipe for fruit salad.

Now I want fruit salad.