Has anybody tried the Advocare 24 day challenge?

Options
13»

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I think you have wasted your money. I too have tried it, as have a few ladies in the office. While it works in the short term if you keep up the routine, when your products run out and you don't want to rebuy, it seems as though the weight creeps back in even if you have changed to healthier eating habits. As for the other 'fad' Isogenix (I'm not sure if I spelled it right) I feel like it is the same. My sister did that one as well, and while she lost all the weight she wanted, when she quit that program, she gained half if not all of the weight back. She has a healthy diet so it was disappointing for her. It seems like these two programs only work if you consistently use the products. My advice? Go with the tried and true healthier eating habits and regular exercise to achieve your weight loss goal. You'll keep it off longer and feel better in the long run!

That's funny because that is exactly what the 24 Day Challenge is eating healthy and regular exercise. The 24 Day Challenge is a starter program to help people get a jump start. Why 24 days, because it becomes a habit. Do I want to continue to eat on the plan after I am done, of course. Do I want to continue taking supplements? Yes if they help me feel better and perform better (in the gym, or dojo). Nothing wrong with that.
  • CaliforniaGirl84
    CaliforniaGirl84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been bombarded by friends of mine and also friends on FB that praise advocare and pretty much push it in my face to try. Here is the thing, I don't want to spend a ton of $$ when you can lose weight naturally by eating right and exercising. I get that people may like having a program they can stick to in hopes that it will motivate and help them lose weight. I'm sure it helps in the beginning, but why not just hop on these message boards, make some friends, see what they are doing and create your own plan for free! I just don't support pyramid marketing type of programs. I think people would be surprised how good they feel if they stopped eating processed food, sugar, alch, etc. and started working out.. In my opinion, ya gotta take it day by day and replace bad habits with new good habits, like adding some veggies, fruit, more water.. go outside take a walk!
  • ShaunaRN
    Options
    I am on Day 3 of the advocare 24D Challenge, I have gained weight...???? I am following the plan to a tee.... Has this happened to anyone else??? I'm starting to get skeptical about this.... I'm thinking about returning everything and doing Hcg again !!!! Please help
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I am on Day 3 of the advocare 24D Challenge, I have gained weight...???? I am following the plan to a tee.... Has this happened to anyone else??? I'm starting to get skeptical about this.... I'm thinking about returning everything and doing Hcg again !!!! Please help

I believe you have 30 days, so why not go the whole 24 days and see where it takes you. 3 days is not enough to judge.
  • RachelG2983
    Options
    I just wanted to post that I am starting my 24 day challenge tomorrow. I am all about eating better, calorie counting and working out but I have just started to really take it more seriously. I have always been skeptical of the meal replacement shakes (I love the spark though! it's replaced coffee and other energy drinks for me).

My colleague who is also on mfp and works in the office with me is an advisor. She has encouraged me to try the challenge and she is doing it with me for her first time all the way through. She has been using the catylist and shakes and spark for ahwile. I think it's great to have a buddy for this sort of thing. It is a lot of money up front but if it helps maximize my work out and cleans my system of toxins and even just cuts inches I'm good with that.

It's meant to be a boost so I hope it works out well!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I just wanted to post that I am starting my 24 day challenge tomorrow. I am all about eating better, calorie counting and working out but I have just started to really take it more seriously. I have always been skeptical of the meal replacement shakes (I love the spark though! it's replaced coffee and other energy drinks for me).

My colleague who is also on mfp and works in the office with me is an advisor. She has encouraged me to try the challenge and she is doing it with me for her first time all the way through. She has been using the catylist and shakes and spark for ahwile. I think it's great to have a buddy for this sort of thing. It is a lot of money up front but if it helps maximize my work out and cleans my system of toxins and even just cuts inches I'm good with that.

It's meant to be a boost so I hope it works out well!

Good luck!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I think you have wasted your money. I too have tried it, as have a few ladies in the office. While it works in the short term if you keep up the routine, when your products run out and you don't want to rebuy, it seems as though the weight creeps back in even if you have changed to healthier eating habits. As for the other 'fad' Isogenix (I'm not sure if I spelled it right) I feel like it is the same. My sister did that one as well, and while she lost all the weight she wanted, when she quit that program, she gained half if not all of the weight back. She has a healthy diet so it was disappointing for her. It seems like these two programs only work if you consistently use the products. My advice? Go with the tried and true healthier eating habits and regular exercise to achieve your weight loss goal. You'll keep it off longer and feel better in the long run!

QFT
  • fitformidlife
    Options
    Everyone has an opinion on supplements some are "great" some are "scams" and "worthless", but I think if ur taking a supplement whatever it may be, if ur mind believes its working and u reach ur goal or at least making progress then I say go for it as long as u dont break the bank doing it. You gotta keep yourself motivated

Ur mind believes its working \= u reach your goal.

Because science, not magical beliefs.
  • RachelG2983
    Options
    Just to clarify - Advocare is not a "fad diet" plan. It's a company that sells amino acids, supplements, products that provide vitamins and protein to accompany your low calorie diet and your exercise plan.

The 24 day challenge provides a 10 day cleanse phase and a 14 day max phase. It includes a healthy eating guide to help you stay within your protein, complex carbs, healthy fat, low calorie, low sugar, low sodium and proper water intake. It also provides a guide for supplementing.

If you finish the 24 day challenge plan you will likely have lost inches and/or pounds (i'm about to find out for sure atleast) and it's likely you will need to adjust your calorie intake and exercise program to fit your new body.

If it's not for you that's ok you can still lose weight keeping a healthy eating plan and working out.

Still there is nothing wrong with supplementing and trying a program that provides a metabolic boost, kicks you into gear and keeps you even more accountable.
  • jlmcat
    Options
    I did the 24 day challenge almost 2 years ago and had great success with it. In addition to it I was doing Insanity, cardio and weight lifting. I only lost a few pounds but got really toned. In the first 10 days I lost and inch off my waist and arms. You get a headache the first few days because your body wants the caffeine and garbage you normally give it but drink lots of water and stick with it. People I worked with everyday saw a noticeable change. I lost my motivation about a year ago and am going to try the challenge again this month. I've tried several diet pills and none of them had the success for me that advocare did.
  • jlmcat
    Options
    Shuana, Your weight changes by a few pounds daily based on eating, drinking and even where women are in their monthly cycle. Stick with it.
  • kamkam23430
    kamkam23430 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 1 of the 24 day challenge. I am super excited about seeing results! I have to say though, I only managed to get down half of the fiber drink this morning. It was so gross. Going to buy some OJ to try and make it a little better for tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone out there trying this. Feel free to add me!
  • kulikk001
    Options
    I truly am inlove with advocare and I'm only on day 13 of the challenge. It has helped in a few ways. #1 it has helped me to become regular (TMI) but it is true. #2 it allowed me to see results quickly and healthy. #3 allows me to think more clearly and have more productive workouts. #4 Feel more confident and energetic about life. Theres soo many good things i like about it already and it's something I think everyone should atleast try. It is on the expensive end, but it is well worth it, especially to lead yourself in a healthier lifestyle.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I completed the Advocare Challenge on February 7. I lost 6 pounds, a little over 1.5 lbs per week, and I feel great. There is no doubt I could have done that without Advocare. I needed a little help getting refocused on good habits and the Challenge's structured program worked for me.. An added plus for me was that I have kicked a pretty strong caffeine problem. I only drink coffee now sporadically, an occasional glass of tea with a meal, and I have totally cut sodas -- before Advocare, I was drinking 5-6 diet cokes per day, sometimes more.
  • veronicalola
    Options
    I am at day 6 of the advocare challenge. I'm up a lb from when I started. Now note, I am an active crossfitter. I work out 3-4 days a week with active rest days (bikram, running) I eat a pretty clean diet already so not many changes to that. I'm doing advocare because I gained 7 lbs since my wedding (last October) from taking a 3 month hiatus from CrossFit and just eating whatever I wanted (holidays). It's nearly impossible for me to lose weight so I'm trying this out. Im super disappointed I'm UP a lb but am hoping for 5 lbs in the end. Has anyone else who is already an athlete and eats well have great results with advocare? I've been tracking my calories still and remain around 1500-1700 due to my high calorie burn during my workouts. I just don't want this to be a waste of time and money.
  • michelleD_36092
    Options
    I am on day 6 of the 24 day challenge. I am out of shape and need to loose 60 lbs and I am using it to get on the right track to start my weight loss and a change to a healthier life. But I know many people that use Advocare for many reasons. I think it is like anything else if you use it as directed and put the work and effort in it will do what it claims. Can you get to your goal without it, sure. But I personally need a plan to help me and that is what I like about it. It spells out for you what to do each day.
    I have a few friends who have became distributors. One is in his early 40s and has lost over 100lbs with the help of Advocare and exercise. Another is in her 30s and was never extremely heavy but was never in good shape, with Advocare and a workout schedule she is the healthiest I have ever seen her. Another lady in her 30s is an aerobics instructor and didn't need to loose any weight but uses the products to stay healthy. But probably my most reliable source, my friend is in her 30s and is probably the most healthy person I know in terms of what she puts in her body and she loves all of the products. I trust that if she will use it then it is a good product.
    On one last note, can you live without these products, SURE. But I think if you have the money to spend on your health changes and are looking for good product Advocare would be worth the money. They do seem to produce results.
    Good luck on our 24 day challenge! :smile:
  • veronicalola
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • walkeralyssa226
    Options
    does this help with taking off water weight, i had to 2 kids and im trying to get back to 110.
  • karmimommy
    Options
    I was trying to loose 8-10 pounds and I am on day 20 and I have only GAINED one pound? I'm so stressed- what in the world am I doing wrong?!!! I am following the plan (and I don't feel great-- I'm exhausted and starving!?) Has this every happened to anyone? I'm totally stressing.
  • follinis
    follinis Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing the Advocare 10 day cleanse, I am on day 8 and feel great so far. I have not taken my measurements again yet until day 10. But honestly my clothes are lose on me and I have lots of energy! The cleanse is not bad at all, no starvation or anything just clean eating. Also along with the 10 cleanse you can take a product called Catalyst which is amino acids to protect your lean muscle so you do not lose that! I am not a distributor but do know one if you would like to order.