need to lose baby weight, anyone else?

Options
Hi, I just joined and I had a baby Sept 8, 2010 and all though I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans I was over weight prior to getting pregnant. I need to lose about 65-70lbs to have a healthy BMI. So I am looking for other women who are in the same boat with me and want to work together to support one another through this journey.

Replies

• Anna19911
    Options
    I had my son in may and still can't fit into my pre-preg jeans. So i'm with ya on this one!
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im right there with you, BUT I had my son Aug 15, 2009.... I just started this wightloss journey on October 26, 2010 and have so far lost 17 lbs. I still have about 16 lbs to be PRE pregnancy weight but I want to lose another 59 lbs. This site is sooo inspirational and keeps me accountable! I hope you enjoy it and I will definately be around for any motivation you may need! Oh and congrats on the little one!!

Brooke
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am working off baby weight from 4 kids. Got married 91/2 years ago weighed 130. Had daughter 6 yrs. ago, son #1 4 yrs. ago, son #2 3yrs. ago, and son #3 1yr. ago. The day I had son #2 I weighed 225, wow. I have worked hard after my last 2 kids doing weight watchers and have done pretty well. After son #2 I got down to 146, then got pregnant again. Baby #4 is 14 months now and I am down to 152. This has been a long journey. My goal is 140! Hopefully soon.
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    Congrats! It sounds like you are on the right track. You will have to let me in on your secrets.
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    I am in the same boat... but I had a baby August 20 2009 and I have about 12 pounds to go. I got back to my pre-preg weight 6 months after the baby, but somehow I gained nearly 20 pounds since then. My 3 top tips to get back to that shape (at least the ones I used during those first 6 months):

Belly band (any kind, whether its the real expensive ones or the simple neoprene waist trimmers from a sports shop)
    Cardio, cardio, cardio
    Breastfeeding (Accounts for at least the first 25 pounds lost, and I got to eat a lot too)
  • mamaisis09
    Options
    Hi, I am working off baby weight from 4 kids. Got married 91/2 years ago weighed 130. Had daughter 6 yrs. ago, son #1 4 yrs. ago, son #2 3yrs. ago, and son #3 1yr. ago. The day I had son #2 I weighed 225, wow. I have worked hard after my last 2 kids doing weight watchers and have done pretty well. After son #2 I got down to 146, then got pregnant again. Baby #4 is 14 months now and I am down to 152. This has been a long journey. My goal is 140! Hopefully soon.

My goal is 140 as well!!! I just want to be in the 140s before I go on to have my second child
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    I agree breastfeeding helped alot. I gained 27 lbs with this pregnancy and I have lost 30lbs so far. Hopefully, it keeps coming off, but I need to start working out as well. We did just join the YMCA but I haven't made it there yet. I am hoping that if I keep track of my eating and exercise on here and see it on a graph that it will help me keep motivated.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Girl I am with you! Exactly the same idea. I was already over weight before I got pregnant, I have about 96 lb to go. :)
  • Anna19911
    Options
    I gained 44 pounds total with my pregnancy and breastfeeding helped me loose about 25 of it! I'm done breast feeding now though so i have to work harder! I still have ten pounds to go until i hit pre-preg size but i need to loose another 50 or so after that.
  • Pita0224
    Pita0224 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you! I had baby number 2 in March and have lost that weight plus 10 lbs, but I still have 50 lbs to lose from the first!! Congrats on the new baby and we are here for support!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommas! There is a thread that was just started last week or so called Post natal 2010. We are all in the same boat with great goals! Everybody is welcome to join in or stop by occasionally or whatever you'd like to do,the more the marrier!
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    hey thanks I will check out that post.
  • crenee1008
    Options
    I'm with you. I had my 3rd child November, 2009, but 6 yrs ago with my first at 3 months i weighed 109! underweight then but my goal is around 130-140. Have lost 9 lbs so far and im so excited! six yrs & three pregnancies have really changed things & its about time to get back in shape for me! we can do it, everyone here has the same goal just some different circumstances!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I had my 3rd child November, 2009, but 6 yrs ago with my first at 3 months i weighed 109! underweight then but my goal is around 130-140. Have lost 9 lbs so far and im so excited! six yrs & three pregnancies have really changed things & its about time to get back in shape for me! we can do it, everyone here has the same goal just some different circumstances!

Yes yes 3 pregnancies will totally rearrange things! But our hard work can rearrange them to! I wanna be a sexy mommy of three,not a saggy one! But I figure we all have to start somewhere,huh. Like you said,we soooo can do it!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I had a baby in September 2009 but I was overweight from the 1st on 13 years ago....so yeah I have plenty baby weight to lose :wink: