Can't get full by end of day without going over my limit

Options
I just started the program several days ago. I've been eating healthy ever since, or so I think. It appears that, when I reach my limit of 1700 by the end of the day, I still feel hungry. Not sure if this is normal (first time trying to lose weight outside of playing sports) but I think I may be missing something. Can anybody suggest foods that are great to stay full so I don't cross my limit OR go to bed hungry?

Replies

• Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you eating, can we see your diary? Also, giving us your height and weight + average exercise calorie burn (if any) will help us in being able to tell if you should be eating more.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    because you arent eating enough food.

you're 18 and male and only eating 1700 calories. your body is still growing. unless you're 3 feet tall i can't imagine 1700 is satisfying
  • fitphoenix22
    Options
    A male teenager should be eating more than 1700 calories. Can anyone else weigh in on the minimum for an 18 yr old male?

As far as your question goes, try drinking a glass of water when you feel hungry. If you're still hungry 20 or 30 minutes later, eat a protein-packed nutritious snack, like 1/2 an apple with 1T of peanut butter. You've just got to find what works for you. Eating a lot of "bulk" (leafy green veggies) with my meals helps me to feel full without loading up on a lot of calories.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    because you arent eating enough food.

you're 18 and male and only eating 1700 calories. your body is still growing. unless you're 3 feet tall i can't imagine 1700 is satisfying

^^this
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Can you post some types of food you eat, or open your diary?
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I agree with this. As a teen, take advantage of the fact you can eat everything plus the kitchen sink and just move more.
  • I just made my diary public. Any suggestions and criticisms are welcome!
  • lilmestydaze
    lilmestydaze Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. I think you need to stay away from all the processed breads and granola bars. They will only temporarily fill you up. I try to eat as "clean" & natural as possible. It really does make a difference in energy and how long I stay full.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Can anybody suggest foods that are great to stay full so I don't cross my limit OR go to bed hungry?

Meat/fish/fowl, eggs, cheese, lots of vegetables, a little fruit, nuts, seeds, full-fat dairy if you tolerate dairy, butter, olive oil, coconut oil. Granola bars, cereal, and bread aren't going to fill you up, nor do they provide much nutrition.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I just made my diary public. Any suggestions and criticisms are welcome!

OMG...eat some food man...

My son is a year older than you and he couldn't survive on that...I survive on what you are eating...and I am 41 yo woman...

ETA: Go to your settings put in desired weight loss goals...and since it's 10lbs...1/2lb a week is good...MFP will tell you what calories you can eat...eat them all...if you exercise eat some of them back...not all as MFP over estimates...I suspect it will put you somewhere between 2500-3500 calories a day.

Get some protien yesterday 67g :noway: :noway: :noway:

If you want to lose weight it's all about a "REASONABLE" calorie deficet not starving yourself.

that 4oz of fish really??? eat 8, the 3/4c of cereal...I eat 2x that and it's fruit loops...

Don't be hungry just stay in a deficet...