Best compliment your friend/spouse/co-worker has said

Options
2»

Replies

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of great compliments from people!! My favorite is the generic "you look great!" because it doesn't put any awkward focus on specific amount of loss or how horrible I may have looked to that person in the past.

But my favorite of all is probably when my husband, laughing, said in total honesty, "You are not even that fat!"

Backstory before anyone flips out ;-) My husband loves my curves, and thought I was equally as hot at 270 lb as I am now at 198 lb. He's glad I'm healthier now but never felt like I needed to lose weight for attractiveness' sake. At the time, I was making a very-rare-for-me self deprecating comment about being fat and that was his response. I loved it for its total honesty and it felt good to know that yeah, compared to before, I'm not all that fat.

You are very lucky to have found someone that accepts you for who you are. My concern is that my boyfriend also has the same type of attitude but I explained to him that it is important to me to be healthy. :)
  • ratatoska
    ratatoska Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I work at a Fedex, and one of our delivery guys came in, looked at me, and said "OOOH GURL YOU BIN WORKIN' IT!" It was sudden, awesome, and exactly what I needed to hear!!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    "You know a woman is truly beautiful when she can look as radiant as you do at this time in the morning."

Back when I cooked at a hotel and had to be there at 3am. He was an old man that worked as a concierge there :) Sweetest thing I've ever been told.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Husband: It's nothing profound but just the way he looks at me and the way his voice sounds when he sees me bend over or reach up and he says "you look GOOD." :blushing:

Friend IRL: "You look great. I mean, really, it just moved."

Friend on my FL: "I'd homewreck the 'ish' out of you!" :love: D'awww
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    On Friday this gorgeous girl walks into work and I was thinking exactly that when she goes to ME 'You look so amazing,! Every time I see you you look so good!' I was shocked and didn't even know what to say. Definitely made me feel less critical of myself.
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    From totally supportive husband who loves me at any weight: "Glad you are happier with your weight now. I don't think you can afford to lose any more. You are ready to start maintenance now, right?" At that point, I still had 25 lbs to go to reach a healthy BMI, so I wasn't ready for maintenance. :smile: .
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I work at a Fedex, and one of our delivery guys came in, looked at me, and said "OOOH GURL YOU BIN WORKIN' IT!" It was sudden, awesome, and exactly what I needed to hear!!

That is awesome!! :-)

In casual conversation with an older lady today I mentioned that I used to weigh 300 lb and she didn't believe me. She said, "I can't even picture that." Felt good.