What would you do about super loud upstairs neighbor?

Options
2»

Replies

• sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I understand random noises, but she does junp and stomp, it's crazy! I don't mind noise really, but waking up with my heart beating after a loud crash, not cool, I think.

Call the police and tell them you hear dangerous noises and you think that someone is hurt. DO this repeatedly until she gets in trouble.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I understand random noises, but she does junp and stomp, it's crazy! I don't mind noise really, but waking up with my heart beating after a loud crash, not cool, I think.

No, it is not cool.

I was in a similar situation - living in the middle floor with downstairs neighbor who liked to regularly sing along to whatever was on the radio and an upstairs neighbor that had a baby that cried pretty much ALL day every day.

You can't really change what people do - especially in the own homes. My solution was to move.
  • Noamsh
    Noamsh Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with the same problem. The only solution I've found is ear plugs.
  • JaimeBrown5
    Options
    The bowling noise? Probably a rolling computer chair. That's what my last upstairs guy was doing when we thought he must be roller skating. The sex-like noises? Those really were sex. Constantly. I have a recording of it, that I took sitting on my couch. It's clear as day like they were beside me. They were up a floor and in a different room, not even directly above where I was recording.

And the sad thing? The new people that moved in are even worse. They are friends of our pathetic super. They decided to hammer on the walls at almost 10pm this weekend. One of the tenants lost it and started yelling for them to stop and the super was at their place and came out and yelled back at him that they were hanging pictures and too bad about the noise. Pretty sure the whole building is going down the tubes now that the super is moving her own friends in and not listening to legitmate complaints against them.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Find out what the local noise ordinance (in my area it's 11pm to 7 am) is and call the cops.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for me, I live in a co-op and theres carpeting rules so I hope this works and gets solved soon!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Be thankful that it's not sex and loud parties you are listening to?
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My upstairs neighbor is up all the time it seems, she never sleeps. Also a pain killer addict (I know this because I overheard a screaming argument outside), which makes it even worse. Women vacuums and moves furniture at 2am!! Also, she has a patio, and instead of people going up to her door and knocking like normal people, they yell at her by the entrance. Not to mention you can hear every footstep, which isn't her fault just crappy apartment, but it is obnoxious hearing loud footsteps in the middle of the night constantly. Sadly there is not too much you can do about it but switch units. Apartment living for you.
  • rfw24
    rfw24 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I lived below someone once. The only way to fix it, is to move and be on the top floor. That is what I did.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You probably should move somewhere where there are no people around to bother you.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I bought a noise cancelling machine to sleep-- haven't received it yet
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    I hate apartments.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I hate apartments.

this
  • MistbornVin
    MistbornVin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would decide to make a competition out of it and see how much louder I can be than her.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    True Story: I had a friend who had same problem, my friend got a long stick and padded it cushion. Every time the guy upstairs made noise he poked the stick on the roof. The guy stopped after few weeks. YMMV.