Sports bra suggestions for larger chested women

Options
Hi all!

I'm needing to purchase a new, good quality sports bra. Anyone have any suggestions for one made for larger chested women? I'm currently at a 38DD, and I've found that the cheaper ones that come in my size don't generally offer enough support. I'd like to minimize the "bounce" as much as possible!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Panache. Great support without uniboob.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Enell sports bra, they are pricey bit so worth it if you are well endowed!
  • _jessicamarie_
    _jessicamarie_ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I recently bought this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D787AYQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The black and purple color is on sale for about $20. I bought it in a 38D, and I'm super happy with it. I do a Jazzercise class with a lot of skipping and shimmying and stuff, and this thing holds me in place so well I forget I have a chest.
  • sc9576
    sc9576 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use Shock Absorber bra but I am a 34GG so tend not to do anything that involves jumping and running is also tough even with a sports bra :blushing:
  • Denise_Valentine
    Denise_Valentine Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also use shock absorber. I'm a DD36. I also heard good things about moving comfort bra's. the main website doesn't ship to Canada but you can get them at running room also. they do ship in Canada.
  • MissSarahAllison315
    Options
    *pokes head in excitedly as she puts on her two sports bras before the gym* IN!
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty happy with Lane Bryant's Sport by Cacique brand. I run and box, so I've been pretty particular about the bras I buy. I'd like to try one I saw at my local running store by a brand called Moving Comfort, but alas they didn't have my size. Such is the life of a 40F girl :frown:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Back when I had big boobs, I used the Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra. It is a great sports bra. You can get it on Amazon :smile:
  • heatherlynnc123
    Options
    UnderArmour Armour Bra.

LOVE IT !
  • miladymarathoner
    miladymarathoner Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Freya. The best ever brand for bigger-chested women. But I would advise either a professional fitting (NOT at Victoria Secret) or at least measure yourself to make sure that is really your size.
  • moveitserenity
    Options
    I second Panache. :)
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bump for great suggestions
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I second the vote for the Enell sports bras (http://www.enell.com) - If you follow the care directions they last quite awhile. They are quite supportive, no bounce whatsoever.

Also look at the catalog from Title 9 Sports website. They've got one of the largest selections of sports bras for us that I've seen :)
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I've heard of something called Davpul.
    Extremely supportive of larger chested women.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Enell s the best for support. Freya, panache and the shock absorber are all good choices, and they give you a lesser uniboob. However nothing beats enell when it comes to support, and reducing the bounce.
  • aubarellaxfit
    Options
    I have been wearing Moving Comfort brand sports bras and absolutely love them! Comfortable and supportive. I'm a 36E currently, and wear it for very high intensity exercise (Crossfit).
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with one of the other posters Enell is great. Others are Wacoal, Elomi Energise, panache... As well good luck
  • halfjapgirl79
    halfjapgirl79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I gave up on finding one good one. I do like my girlfriend does, and wear one normal underwire, with a sports bra over it then an tank top with a built in bra . Works great!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Back when I had big boobs, I used the Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra. It is a great sports bra. You can get it on Amazon :smile:

Only bra I can run in without giving myself two black eyes. I LOVE this bra.
  • s4naz
    s4naz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret's Incredible sports bra! I'm not really large (34DD) but the amount of support is amazing!