116lbs in a Year

Options
Okay so I didn't really think I'd ever do one of these but today I thought "what the hell lets go with it"

It starts kind of weird, nearly a year ago I needed to buy more underwear and when I got home and tried to wear them they didn't fit. That was a real low point, I can't even fit in my underwear. So instead of admitting my size and buying a larger pair I decided to get off my a** and do something about it.

I started off at 113 kg (253lbs) thinking I was a hopeless case, I'd come on the MFP forums every day looking at everyone's success stories and feel motivated, "If they can do it so can I" and that I am hoping that maybe just one person will get that same motivation by my story.

There isn't much more to it. I was already a vegetarian, but I did start eating healthier I suppose. I did 40 minutes a day on the treadmill, and then eventually I peaked at 140 minutes a day on an exercise bike. Along the way, I picked up some bad habits and I picked up some great habits, my whole personality changed... I went from crippling shyness to bubbly confidence. All that fun stuff.

Now I exercise an hour and a half a day I am hoping to drop back to an hour when I reach my 'official' goal
I still eat what ever I want, but as long as it's within reason, I do have a few bad days where I will eat a little too much chocolate but every day is an new day and you can't focus on what you have done, but what you're going to do.

TL;DR
I felt sorry for myself and did something about it

I am unsure of how to do pictures so I hope this works, other wise, just click my profile and go through there

38658700_6881.jpg
38658700_4217.jpg

Replies

• DDHunnie
    DDHunnie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • kamp150
    kamp150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! GREAT MOTIVATION!!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    What a beauty you have created! The sky is the limit :)
  • V4everfit
    V4everfit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Omg! A huge years transformation. You look great.
  • kapzilla
    kapzilla Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful. what an inspiration! Great job :)
  • janica2333
    Options
    Wow! congrats! I'm starting around the same weight as when you started. I'm looking to lose over a 100lbs . You truly inspire me!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations on saving your own life.

You are beautiful.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well done you! Well done!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow....impressive! Congrats.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • treesponge
    treesponge Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing!

You make me feel like I can do this!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have a lot to be proud of and good for you that you took action before your body suffered long term damage to your organs and joints. You look fantastic and are an inspiration to so many others. Thanks for sharing your personal story, I like when someone allows us to see the personal side of their story. Thank goodness for underwear that won't fit right?
  • mslee369
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. Congrats
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a great story, I had the same, not with buying underwear but I just had enough all of a sudden. Never was motivated to loose weight before but I suddenly had. Been doing it for 3 weeks now and my motivation grows on a daily base.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are INCREDIBLE! WELL DONE! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!:flowerforyou:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation- very inspiring!
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats..you look fabulous and beautiful!!!!!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Okay so I didn't really think I'd ever do one of these but today I thought "what the hell lets go with it"

It starts kind of weird, nearly a year ago I needed to buy more underwear and when I got home and tried to wear them they didn't fit. That was a real low point, I can't even fit in my underwear. So instead of admitting my size and buying a larger pair I decided to get off my a** and do something about it.

I started off at 113 kg (253lbs) thinking I was a hopeless case, I'd come on the MFP forums every day looking at everyone's success stories and feel motivated, "If they can do it so can I" and that I am hoping that maybe just one person will get that same motivation by my story.

There isn't much more to it. I was already a vegetarian, but I did start eating healthier I suppose. I did 40 minutes a day on the treadmill, and then eventually I peaked at 140 minutes a day on an exercise bike. Along the way, I picked up some bad habits and I picked up some great habits, my whole personality changed... I went from crippling shyness to bubbly confidence. All that fun stuff.

Now I exercise an hour and a half a day I am hoping to drop back to an hour when I reach my 'official' goal
    I still eat what ever I want, but as long as it's within reason, I do have a few bad days where I will eat a little too much chocolate but every day is an new day and you can't focus on what you have done, but what you're going to do.

TL;DR
    I felt sorry for myself and did something about it

I am unsure of how to do pictures so I hope this works, other wise, just click my profile and go through there

38658700_6881.jpg
    38658700_4217.jpg

You look amazing! Well done and congrats!!

Also, your 2013 picture on the bottom right looks like Jessica Capshaw (AKA Arizona Robbins from Grey's Anatomy) -- gorgeous!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You looks amazing and you are definately inspiring! You have to be so proud of what you have done! Great work!!! :drinker:
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    CONGRATS!! You look so happy! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!